The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica Summicron ASPH Black Paint

Tim Gray

Not pristine, but a good price. TWoK is a good guy too. link

If you want one in pristine shape, I just saw one on the Leica list for $1675. I can forward you the info if you want.

stevem8

I think he is looking for a black paint version. Mine just sold for $2500. 2000 were made in the year 2000 and they pop up from time to time. Good luck.

kalex

can somebody give a little insight as to what makes this BP version special besides limited run?

hulk

The touch of the lens, the smooth focus, the perfect weight........
What else can I say?!
Ah just remember, it's so pretty tooooooooo!!!!!
Cheers

Rafael Macia

can somebody give a little insight as to what makes this BP version special besides limited run?
The lens is a perfect match to a BP Leica. Paint wear is balanced to the body, and looks wonderful.
The mount is made of brass.... same as a chrome 35 ASPH, (which weighs a ton ...), focus is different than the non BP ASPH. Some say smoother ..... I don't know about that. I have owned both and both are fine.
One major, (for me .... ), difference is that the BP version has a separate shade. It is a rehash of the old round pre asph early 'cron's shade that used to take Series VII filters. Only the shade that used to screw apart to take the Ser. VII filters, has been sealed, (probably glued) shut by Leica, painted black, and comes with the BP lens. It is supposed to have a "retro" look.
I never carry it, preferring to use the round lens cap.
The lenses are around.
Good luck!

jamriman

The lens is a perfect match to a BP Leica. Paint wear is balanced to the body, and looks wonderful.
The mount is made of brass.... same as a chrome 35 ASPH, (which weighs a ton ...), focus is different than the non BP ASPH. Some say smoother ..... I don't know about that. I have owned both and both are fine.
One major, (for me .... ), difference is that the BP version has a separate shade. It is a rehash of the old round pre asph early 'cron's shade that used to take Series VII filters. Only the shade that used to screw apart to take the Ser. VII filters, has been sealed, (probably glued) shut by Leica, painted black, and comes with the BP lens. It is supposed to have a "retro" look.
I never carry it, preferring to use the round lens cap.
The lenses are around.
Good luck!
and then there's google. Most kind of you.