The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Chrome M8 and other stuff

T

thinkfloyd

After days of solid procrastinating on my part, I now post my M8 and lenses for sale. It pains me to sell these, but rising debts and the need to pay for my daughter's tuition has now forced me to do this... :(

First off my chrome M8 is excellent condition. It has two small bright marks, one in front and one in back, but overall is a very good looking camera. Actuations are less than 5000 (last I checked, which was a month ago) and has a Giottos screen protector since day 1. It's covering has also been replaced with vulcanite as is the grip which I am including with the camera. Comes with everything that comes in the box, save for the strap which I never had anyway. Price is $2350.

Next is a VC 35/2.5 Color Skopar PII in excellent condition. Had a UV/IR filter on it since day 1. Glass is perfect, cosmetics is 9/10. Comes with rear and front caps and box. Will sell for $275. 39mm is free with the purchase of the lens, otherwise filter is $60.

Also, my 75/2.5 heliar in great condition. Color black. Glass is pristine, with UV/IR since day 1. Body has some signe of use, but overall, great looking. Looking to get $250 for it. Add $20 if with Leica UV/IR filter, otherwise the filter is $60.

Finally, a Leica 55mm UV/IR filter in excellent condition. $80

I'll add pics later after work.

I hope I don't regret this... everytime I think twice, I just look at my daughter and feel it's all worth it :)

kzphoto

Your daughter is very lucky. I had to work/pay my way through school. If she can focus on her studies without the worry of money, then you're doing fine. :)

T

thinkfloyd

Thanks for the comments :) My daughter is in pre-school so I doubt she'd worry about anything other than what's inside the shiny box :) But you're right, I know what it feels like to work one's way through college, and I never want my daughter to feel that... I promised myself to provide her with the best of everything, even if it means some sacrificing for myself... my reasoning is, my daughter's education can't wait, but another M8 (or M9 if I'm lucky) can...

T

Tonysaurus

Hey Franz, could you please tell me where you're selling from and how much shipping to Australia would be?

Thanks.

edwin_sn

hey Franz,
I'll take the leica 43mm IR/UV filter for the 75heliar if you sell it separate from the lens:)

edwin

T

thinkfloyd

Thanks Gil! :) Ed, I'll let you know if ever...

@Thrice: When I'm ready and able, I'll get myself a chrome M10 :D

T

thinkfloyd

M8 is sold.

Both lenses still available. Price lowered to $500 if you get both lenses without the filters. :)