Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Silver Zeiss 50mm Planar ZM, Coded

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Silver Zeiss 50mm Planar ZM, Coded

I just received a Sonnar, and so my silver Planar goes on the block. Looking to get $600 for it, PayPal and shipping included.

Condition: It is in EX physical condition, and is coded (the nice way, not with magic marker like my others), and is detected fine by my M8.

I should mention that there is the slightest amount of focus ring play (or "wobble"). The focusing weight/effort is fine, but "at rest" there's just the tiniest amount of play. We're talking 1/3mm or so. This is apparently not uncommon with Zeiss ZM lenses (search around here and you'll see). It does not affect the performance of the lens in the slightest. The guy that sold it to me did not mention it in his ad, and I didn't hold it against him when I noticed it. I've probably spent too long writing about it, but I like to be complete in my descriptions.

What you get: lens, both caps, hood, boxes, all EX condition.

Here is a slideshow of pix from my flickr account, both 'of' and 'by', the planar:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q...76198982%40N00
    (don't hold my development/scanning skills against the planar )

And here are a couple selected pictures of the Planar to whet your appetite (beautiful M2 not included):

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Silver Zeiss 50mm Planar ZM, Coded

Your M2 looks super clean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    Your M2 looks super clean
    Thanks. Yes, it's in really nice shape. Definitely not perfect, but certainly a really nice user.

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Bump and price reduction. Now asking $575.

Post Thanks / Like

One more bump before it goes to eBay. C'mon folks, someone just bought another similar Planar for which the asking price was $650. I'm asking $575.

I have feedback on this site, and many feedbacks on eBay, username 'mathomas'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A beautiful lens. very tempting.
    condensed gallery: smugmug
    non-condensed gallery:Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you're gonna want one . Only reason I'm selling is I bought a ZM Sonnar and can't justify having two 50s.

Post Thanks / Like

you have no idea how tempted i am. i'm sure you remember my thread asking about this lens just a week ago or so

i'm a little worried about the wobble thing though. does the wobble get worse over time? (this isn't really what's holding me back though, i'm trying to decide if my next purchase should be this one or a wider angle, ~24 or 28mm lens.)
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I remember you asking about it.

Honestly, I don't know if the focus ring play gets worse over time. It hasn't worsened since I've had the lens, and it has lived on my M2 for a couple of months, with pretty consistent shooting. From what I've read around, it's a trivial service if you bother to fix it at all (I also some instructions on how to fix it at home, but I didn't put much effort into that, as I didn't want to make anything worse). I haven't heard that it ever causes a problem with actual imaging. More of a slight annoyance, if anything.

Regarding your difficult focal length decisions, and to prove what a crappy salesman I am, I must say that the Zeiss 25mm Biogon is astonishingly good.