Site Sponsors

Thread: SOLD: Wooden Ries C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $150 OBO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cool SOLD: Wooden Ries C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $150 OBO

I have a really old, really ugly Ries C-100 (as best I can tell) tripod. This is the lighter-weight model with simpler leg locks at the top plate, but it is an older version and isn't exactly like the newest C-100. It still has a 4" top plate with a 3/8ths bolt for the head, and the top of the legs lock by tightening a simple cross bolt. This one is old enough that it has walnut (I think -- they're darker wood) legs, and one top set has been replaced with the newer maple. All the metal fittings are missing paint -- yes it's ugly. But it works just fine. Legs lock properly, and lower legs have spikes at one end and rubber at the other just like the current versions. And it definitely is an original REIS, not some knock-off.

FTR, for the last 10 years it's been a piece of "art" in my office, acting as support for an old Kodak camera. I recently found an even older wooden tripod to replace it as that piece of art, so this one's available now . As most of you know, I shoot with Gitzo CF pods.

Asking $150 OBO.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: Wooden Reis C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $175 OBO

Here are some iPhone pics:

And,

Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: Wooden Ries C-100 Tripod - UGLY! - $150 OBO

Nobody wants this old tank?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

OH, some of us want it, but it's my really, really slow time right now and it's far more than I have to spare right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief Jack, that is ugly! But $150 bucks is a steal for them - built like a tank and will last forever. I've still got my trusted Ries that I used for many years with 4x5 and 6x7 (back in the 80s and 90s), but finally put it up on the shelf when I needed a taller set of sticks. It is such a thing of beauty that I can't bear to part with it. After all, these are the same brand of legs that Ansel used all the time so I feel like his spirit lives on in all of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agreed, $150 is a steal period. Heck the leg sections alone are worth that for replacements...
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

SOLD
    Jack