The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: CV 25mm VM skopar P (for an M8)

Marc Wilson

Hi,

Having now decided on getting an M8 (getting one is the only real way to know if its right for my projects) I am first looking for a Voigtlander 25mm F4 VM P lens to get me going in the focal length I like.
(The type of shooting I will be doing does not require faster lenses hence looking at this over the zeiss / leica alternatives...and the price of course!)

Clean glass only with no issues.

I will also be looking for an 18mm (So the zeiss zm I assume) to compliment it but will see what's left after the body and lens, etc, etc, are put together first.

Once I find the body I'l also know if I need a thumbs up / grip, etc, etc.

I am in the UK so really only looking for sales from here otherwise import duties, shipping etc make it too expensive and I may as well buy new!

Thanks,

Marc

Mike Woods

Marc,

Not sure if this helps but I was here on Saturday and you might want to keep an eye on their site.

I've no connection but am in the process of buying an M8 from them. Talk to Richard - really nice guy.

Also, had really good service from these people in Manchester - again no connection.

I notice we're reasonably local to each other so hope this helps. I have a 25mm Skopar in LTM if you ever want to try.

Good luck with your search.

Mike

Marc Wilson

Thanks mike,
I already have my eye on them! And the other usual suspects. Ate you getting the 1650 one?
I may end up getting the skopar 25mm Vmp new as it's pretty cheap and can't find a black m one used anywhere, and the silver non m versions at aperture etc are not that much less anyway.

I did use a 40mm voigtlandet before on a bessa and found it a nice lens.

Marc

Mike Woods

Hi Marc,

Yes that's the one I've bought. Lovely condition with 12 mths passport. They were great to deal with, and happy for me to take it outside of the shop to 'play' with :) Will arrive tomorrow, and then the learning curve begins....

Worth a visit if you're ever up there - integral coffee shop so you can sip cappuccino whilst your wallet tries to escape up the road lol.

All the best.

Mike