The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica APO 180mm f/2 Summicron Sony Leitax Adapted

Well, due to my recent money constraint, I need to sell this lens. Hopefully at a later time, I'll be able to reacquire it.

This is the sharpest, fastest lens in this focal length (beside the Canon 200/1.8). Compared to its class, it's actually the lightest so you can still hand-hold this one. The bokeh is phenomenal as well.

This lens is Leitax adapted into Sony A mount, but I do have the original mount. If you don't want the mount, please take $100 off the asking price.

Optically, this lens has been babied since I got it from eBay, so it's in perfect condition. One of the inner elements has a tiny spot that I am unable to take a picture of, but I suspect it was already there from the manufacturing process.

Mechanically, it's in perfect condition as well. The focus is smooth and light so one can make quick focus change.

Cosmetically, I would rate it a 9/10 since it's not new. But there is no scuff mark, ding or dent. The tripod foot might show minor sign of use but this lens has its own QR plate.

I'm asking $3800 + 1/2 shipping + 3% paypal fee (or gift option with no fee) OBO

Some of the recent pictures I've taken with this lens: (No PP, export with LR 2.6)

On a Sony A900 w/o grip:

Last edited: