The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phaseone Hasselblad digital back

mediumcool

May I offer a suggestion. I didn't look to see what laptop you are using, but if it has a PCMCIA port, you could get an inexpensive Firewire PCMCIA card which usually contains a number of 6 pin firwire ports which carry power. Of course how much power your back needs to power it up is a figure I don't know...but if the PCMCIA firewire card doesn't supply enough power to the back, then most of these PCMCIA cards have a tiny jack on them, that allows you to plug in a AC adapter into the wall to increase ouput power. Sometimes the AC adapter is even included with the firewire PCMCIA card.

Dave (D&A)
Cheep and not so cheep ; an Orange Micro device was recommended in a linked PhaseOne KB article, but the company has closed down. No idea if these devices supply sufficient bus power.

Could always look on eBay for an OM card, but drivers may be a problem for recent OSs.

stevem_nj

Thanks to all --
I ended up - - installing a new PCI 1394 firewire card/port -- into the desktop pc.

it has power - and i re-set a number of options on the control panel for the new port.

now it is recognized and the version of "Capture One" accepts the images from the firewire as i trigger the camera/back.

it was tough few weeks (not much time able to be devoted to it) but hey its only a hobby.

thanks all --
mystery solved