The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: M9 black 1 week old

khiromu

Received this camera last Tuesday from my Leica dealer in NYC. Shot about 650 images, but I am having difficulty adjusting the focal length shifting wider...

If anybody is interested, please let me know.
I want what I paid for last week, which is $6995 plus $60 USPS Express Mail shipping cost within the US. I will take MO, cashiers check, or add 3% for paypal.

The LCD screen has been protected since the day 1. Battery has been charged once, and drained once, so it is currently drained. I can charge it when I ship or ship it as is.

I have NOT registered the camera yet. So I assume you can register it for 2 year Leica warranty. I will include the receipt as well.

Let me know if interested.
Thank you.
Hiromu

kevinparis

seems a very odd decision assuming you are a current m8/8.2 user... have you considered the alternatives of stepping closer to your subject or swapping out your wider lenses for longer ones. M9 may have its faults... but it is the digital epitome of the classic 35mm camera

a week seems a very short time to reverse what most of us would regard as a pretty serious investment

K

J

jifjif

I had the same experience when I started to use the M9.

The buyer's remorse lead me to consider selling but decided to look for a 90mm instead.

Same thing on going full frame on Nikon and Canon.

Try out a longer lens, you might feel different.

khiromu

Thank you for comments. And yes, I know that one week is too short to make final decision on whether M9 is for me or not. I am still thinking,,,,

Thank you.
Hiromu

ashwinrao1

The M9 is the best digital RF ever made, the best modern RF in my eyes (though the MP and M7 are outstanding). Give it some more time, and get adjusted a bit more. You may just need to adjust your lens collection, which shouldn't be too hard. Your 50's (on the M9) will look more like a 35 (on an M8) and so forth....best of luck!

Traut

I know what you mean. We have adapted to seeing differently. I have the issue with my D700. It's like there iis too much air. Too much real estate to worry about when our subject is "in the middle". For landscapes and true w/a work great but that is not really why we use Leicas.