The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: FS or Gauging Interest Sony NEX 3

Terry

I have two Sony's both the NEX 5 and NEX 3. I was going to get the 3 converted to IR but it isn't clear if it can be done with this camera and I'm not in the mood to be the guinea pig on this experiment.

I prefer the 5 over the 3 because the grip suits me better and I can use my Sony remote to control the shutter when on a tripod.

So, if someone is interested in this NEX 3, I will pick up a second NEX 5. Otherwise I will simply keep the NEX 3.

This camera is obviously very new with low mileage....I will sell it as you would want it.

The body is silver. The current price of the NEX 3 + 2 lens kit is $699 (with the new rebate for buying both lenses)

Body only a little bit of a pain to sell solo due to lack of available body cap but I will wrap it well $300 (a steal for a great digital back for legacy lenses)
Body + 18-55 $550
Body + 16 $500
Body + both lenses Note: one lens will have a very "cheesy" rear lens cap compliments of Sony and I mean cheesy camera doesn't come with rear cap and Sony doesn't sell them yet. They sent me something to protect the rear of one lens but it is a joke. $650

Note the box is for a 16mm kit.

Last edited:

Terry

The ability to use the remote commander. I don't thinks much else. The size is a little bigger and it isn't made out the metal. $100 price difference.