The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: (all black) Hasselblad 500CM + 2 lenses + 3 backs + 120 film

panda81

These are the items in the kit:
Hasselblad 500CM
A12 back
A24 back
Polaroid back
CF T* 80mm f/2.8
CF T* 150mm f/4
a bunch of random color, b&w, and slide film, all 120 I believe. I'm sure there is Ektar 100, Velvia (not sure what speed right now), and BW400CN mixed in there. Maybe TMAX400 too. And Polaroid film for the Polaroid back.

Getting rid of a camera that I almost never use. This was the most regretful impulse buy I've made :( The medium format system is fun, but I feel like that going out with such a system means "serious photography business," and realistically, I probably won't have a chance to go out with that frame of mind with a busy job and new baby to take care of.

No pictures of the camera yet (sorry folks), but I would rate it in bargain condition. The body actually in really good shape, except paint is scratched off the bottom metal plate where you would mount a tripod. The A12 and A24 back are the styles with the "12" and "24" numbers written on it - I think it's one of the newer styles. It looks like there is rust on the metal lever that you twist to open the back and load the film.

Being honest, the lenses are the most questionable thing here. Both lenses look like they have some sort of marks and/or stains on both front and rear elements. They don't quite look like scratches to me, but possibly something you can rub off with the right lens cleaner solution. I've never tried it before because I don't know which solutions are good to use, especially ones that won't degrade any special coatings on the glass. I was really worried the marks/stains would affect the quality of the lens, but on the other hand, I think these recent photos I took with the 150mm f/4 lens are very sharp, especially considering my poor quality scanning with the Epson V500 (no addition sharpening in post processing, just adjusted wb, levels, saturation, and vignetting):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/panda81/4788426955/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/panda81/4789055482/

I'll be glad to send 100% crops to anyone who is interested in the kit.

Considering the situation, I have no idea what is a fair price for the kit. I took a quick glance at some KEH prices in BGN condition. How about $1100 for everything? I'd rather not break up the kit unless someone buys most of the essential pieces first (body + lenses). I'll try to upload pictures of the kit in the near future too.

panda81

Still available. The price is not firm, should have included "or best offer."

My other alternative is to sell it to the local camera store...don't make me do that :(

mathomas

Pictures of the gear would probably help. I was in the market a while ago (posted a WTB) but since then I picked up a Fuji GW690III.