The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 (Gray) with Optional Accessories...Exceptional Price!!

D&A

Hi All,
Long Story but I'll try and be brief. My father-in Law who's been a rangefinder shooter for decades is having a upcoming 80th birthday celebration. He has long*photographed with some of the real original Voigtlander cameras from decades past. It's recently been apparent he'd love a new Gray M9 (he's picky about such things as most of us are).

I have a Gray M9 which I "baby" and always keep in my soft padded shoulder bag with dividers and thought I'd give him my pristine one since it only has approx 2780 actuations. Separately I had one of the newer metal Leica viewfinders in a soft pouch in a separate compartment of this shoulder bag and while walking the viewfinder pouch found its way into the M9 compartment where it's metal edge was just peaking out of its pouch. It came to rest on and near one corner of the M9 top plate. Needless to say, my normal walking caused just enough movement of the finders edge to etch and scuff this area of the top plate (see images). All this occurred in a span of approx 10 minutes, until which time I reached inside for the camera and wondered, how the heck did these marks get on the top plate. Didn't take long to figure out. Anyhow, I'd really like to get him a new Gray M9 now and since I have access to an acquaintance with a M9 as well as I also shoot film (with a M)...we figured I'd sell my gray M9 for the time being and use the proceeds to purchase a new one. I know I'll have to outlay some $$ but it will be worth it and Leica mentioned it would be quite some time till they can get around to the option to replace the top plate....so this is the most effective approach at this time.
About the camera...except for these unfortunate scuffs/scratches in this one localized area on the top plate, the camera is flawless and pristine in every way. Always had a Giottos LCD protector*since day one as well as being kept in a Luigi case. It was purchased from an authorized Leica dealer here in the States and is registered under my name with Leica. In the unlikely/unfortunate event the camera ever needs service, I'll be here to help out and facilitate of course.
I will have two purchase options and prices are firm at this time!
1.* The M9 camera just as it comes from Lecia...camera, box, contents, instructions etc at a price of $6195.00 plus actual shipping/insurance costs (all net to me after Paypal fees). Payment preferably by Paypal. I tried pricing this as one of the lowest priced M9's at this time, since I have to get this done if I am going to succeed with the outlined plans. The code for Lightroom 3 has been used but if one wants/need the code, I can provide the one with the new M9 I'll be purchasing.
2.* The other option is I have a extra Black Luigi case with built in grip and removeable snap on/off back door. I also have an extra, "the latest" Thumbs-up CESP-1. Along with these two items is a virtually brand new Leica Black grip (with a more textured leather material than on the Gray M9) along with a Acractech Low Profile QR plate that's ideal to attach to the Lecia grip...and the grip/QR plate can be used when using the camera on a tripod.* Otherwise for hand held shooting, the Luigi case is ideal. Gives one lots of options. The thumps up of course is icing on the cake.

The price for the M9 as described above with all these other additional accessories would be $6495.00 plus actual shipping/insurance costs (all net to me after Paypal fees). The additional accessories alone would cost approx $600.00...so with the package, one gets them all at approx. 50% off as well as the discount on the M9 itself.
The additional accessories will not be available at this time for separate sale.*Thanks for your interest and please ask any questions you might have. I'm think either package is a fabulous deal for anyone thing or sitting on the fence regarding an M9 and if they don't mind those scuff/scratches on the top plate (as shown), can save quite a lot of $$$.

* I've tried to show the effective area to the best of my ability, but as we all know, it's hard to show every single scuff/scratch but the images are a fairly good representation although a bit on the light side and in person, if one looks very close, some small additional faint scratches can be seen.

* Only considered sold when actual payment has been received

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Your price is very fair, and I understand your need to sell promptly to have a nice present for your relative. Good luck with the sale. I may have well taken you up on it, but alas I just settled on a separate deal.

Best,

D&A

Hi All,

I have a few items to address....

1. Ashwin, thanks ever so much for your kind words...they are truly appreciated and I have a notion what you might have just purchased..if so, very nice! :)

2. I've responded to all PM's and inquiries..most in PM's and one or two via e-mail. Thanks for all the commenst and questions so far.

3. I forgot to mention in the description above....that I've been an ebay member for over 10 years with more than 1300 pure positives and have brought and sold here on GETdpi and all the other usual forums with complete success and all transactions, happy ones for all concerned.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Kalax & John,

Kalax, no I wouldn't ever know how to try and attempt this and knowing me an my inept ways (like the time I tried fixing my dads car as a teenager and failed miserably)...I'm certain I'd make things worse :)

John, Thanks for the extremely nice comments. I hope soimeone who's been looking to purchase an M9 but also wanted something a bit lower in price than a new one, will have an opportunity to see this one.

Thanks all!

Dave

D&A

Hi All,

First for those I didn't send a direct PM or e-mail to and mention....let me apologize for the delay in responding. I had a 5 hour car trip in a loaner car whose entire electrical system was shorting out little by little until there was no speedometer, Ac, lights, turn signals, winshield wipers...all during a big thunderstorm & downpoor...what fun! So that was part oif my entertainment for the day :)

Secondly, I'd like to thank everyone who contacted me and had an interest in purchasing my M9 and accessories, thank you!

Earlier this morning (Thursday morning), the M9 and with all accessories sold. I cannot thank everyone enough for all their encouraging and kind words regarding my sale. We definitely have a great bunch of people here in the forums.

I already found a new Gray M9 for my father-in-law...so things are on the way to completing this endevor and I can begin to move forward with other things relating to photography and of course the Lecia system.

Have a good start to the weekend everyone! Thanks!

Regards,

Dave

Last edited: