The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 LNIB

ElvisKennedy

Selling this Leica M9 with about 300 shutter actuations. It was purchased brand new from Leica in June of this year. Just don't use it much. Looks and works as new. Never registered so you can get the warranty as well as Adobe Lightroom 3. All paperwork, accessories, boxes included.

$6700.00 net to me. Prefer US sale. Thanks.

Last edited:

ElvisKennedy

UPDATE:

On close inspection I can see some marks on the top plate. Not scratches, not scuffs. It doesn't go into the finish but I can't wipe it off with a moist towel. I included a picture here but it really doesn't show it - that's how faint the marks are.

As for a receipt - I don't have one. I purchased this camera on this forum about a month ago. The guy I purchased it from got the camera directly from Leica. It is my understanding that Leica will honor the warranty to the person that registers the camera on-line and with the warranty card (blank and included).

All that said, I'm dropping the price to $6500.00, net to me. Thanks.

Last edited:

ElvisKennedy

Another Update:

It seems my mention of the faint marks has raised a lot of questions. After spending hours setting up a super sophisticated lighting set-up (overhead lights in my kitchen), along with the help of a wildly overpaid professional assistant (my lovely bride) I was able to take a shot showing the marks. I manipulated the photo in Aperture to over-emphasize the top plate so the marks would show up. As you can see they look like they could be wiped off. There's nothing maring or scratching the paint finish. Perhaps elbow grease and the right cleaner would remove them.

I feel silly making such a big deal out of this. If you actually use the camera for a week or two you will certainly have more signs of use and maybe even a real scratch or two. Even the strap lugs are flawless on this one. But I understand Leica folks (being one of them), so I want to be overly clear on this.

Note also that I garbled the serial number on the flashmount. Why? I don't know - it's what we Leica folks do. One day, in a perfect world, I will understand this practice, as well as why 6 elements in 5 groups makes a much better lens than one with 6 elements in 4 groups.

Anyway, here's the picture;

You can email me through the forum here or direct at elviskennedy at gmail dot com. Thanks for wading through all of this!

Last edited:

rchisholm

Wow! Great deal! Wish I had not just bought one new!

For everyone who is wondering, the black M9 model marks (brasses) easily. It's no big deal, just the paint Leica chose (although there are lots of people on the forums whining about it, for no reason, INHO).

Gosh I wish I hadn't just paid retail!

J

jifjif

Same here. I wish I hadn't paid retail plus tax!

I bought a silver and paint is already rubbing off.

And not graciously like a MP

dseelig

If I did not have two m9s I would jump at one for this price. too many people want every box piece of tissue paper that comes with a camera buying it used. I thought the thing with a camera was to use it and take photos with it. Marks are a badge of honor. Someone buy this and make lots of photos with it.

ElvisKennedy

This camera does in fact come with everything just as if you purchased from an authorized dealer.

The $6400.00 price is net to me. Thanks.

charlesphoto

Oh man this is killing me. I need (would like) a second body but have to unload a few lenses first. Maybe I'll see what I can do today....

My biggest concern (and maybe why it hasn't sold) is about the warranty. I guess warranties are transferable but shouldn't it have been registered at the time it was originally sold? If straight from Leica it might have been automatically, but who knows. This is something you might want to check in with Leica about. Clear this up and it would probably make for a quick sale. Just a bit concerning as the camera will now be on the third generation of owner and all could get a bit sticky. Good luck! Charles

Last edited: