Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB M8.2 or M8u?

Post Thanks / Like

WTB M8.2 or M8u?

I just sold my M9 and have not stopped hyperventilating since I left it at the post office.

I loved the combo of my previous M8 with my 35 cron that I still own. So I may get back in the game with an M8u or M8.2.

Talk me into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB M8.2 or M8u?

HI Tom
    I am a leica junkie I have owned 4 m6 and a m2 a m4p and a m4 . I own two m9s and a m6 ttl. I only owned one m8 upgraded after a time. For me it just was not that good a camera the crop wierd ghosting from the uv ir filters. However if you go back to one I have been told the heliopan filters do not have ghosting they are multicoated better then the leica or b&w filters. Good Luck but the m9 for me is so much better a camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom-
    Buy the cheapest one you can find. I now have a 8u. They tend to come in under $3k. The 8.2 seem to be over $3.3K. The cheaper camera will allow you to relax and play, remember that part of photography, before falling on the Leica treadmill?
    Shoot a thousand pictures and if the Mojo isn't there for the Leica, don't feel bad just sell the camera and get a different camera that does inspire. You can always take that lens to MFT if you need the Leica hit. Cameras are only tools to help your creative vision.

All the best,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,
    I sent you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

found

Senior Member Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly my beloved setup! Here a pic of my M8.2 with a small collection of 35mm lenses - to show off :-)

in case of questions: yes the little nickel elmar below left has coated lenses!
    Leica: IIa sync conversion, M6 TTL Millenium, Fuji X-E1;
    My Flickr