The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zone VI modified Pentax Digital Spotmeter

Irenaeus

Jack Flesher just recently sold his Pentax, Zone VI modified digital spotmeter, which was in excellent condition, for $500. He included a neckstrap, two other items worth about $70, and threw in a couple of batteries, however, which would have brought the price of his meter alone down to $430 or less.

He was more generous than KEH. They list two such meters in their current catalog, rate each of them as EX and list them at $465 and $499.

I'd rate mine as EX+ according to their guidelines, since there is one slight, 1/8" square scratch on the grip. The glass itself is unblemished, (though it is dusty and could stand to be cleaned. I prefer to leave that to more accomplished hands than mine, however, and I'll ship it out dusty.)

I wouldn't feel right about quoting Jack's ad without his permission, but it'd probably be fair to say that he thinks it's about the most accurate reflective meter around. Guy said it's amazing. (If saying this much is not kosher, though, Jack and Guy, please scratch this post and I'll re-do it.)

The transactions I've had here that come readily to mind include purchases from Jack, Guy, Helen and Tom in mpls and a sale to Cindy. I have good feedback on eBay as cqiona and on rff under my real name, Thomas Turnbull.

Selling to forum members, I'd be content with $400 net to me, which should mean a total of about $430 to cover paypal fees and shipping and insurance.

Irenaeus

Irenaeus

Price dropped to $395!

Jack Flesher just recently sold his Pentax, Zone VI modified digital spotmeter, which was in excellent condition, for $500. He included a neckstrap, two other items worth about $70, and threw in a couple of batteries, however, which would have brought the price of his meter alone down to $430 or less.

He was more generous than KEH. They list two such meters in their current catalog, rate each of them as EX and list them at $465 and $499.

I'd rate mine as EX+ according to their guidelines, since there is one slight, 1/8" square scratch on the grip. The glass itself is unblemished, (though it is dusty and could stand to be cleaned. I prefer to leave that to more accomplished hands than mine, however, and I'll ship it out dusty.)

I wouldn't feel right about quoting Jack's ad without his permission, but it'd probably be fair to say that he thinks it's about the most accurate reflective meter around. Guy said it's amazing. (If saying this much is not kosher, though, Jack and Guy, please scratch this post and I'll re-do it.)

The transactions I've had here that come readily to mind include purchases from Jack, Guy, Helen and Tom in mpls and a sale to Cindy. I have good feedback on eBay as cqiona and on rff under my real name, Thomas Turnbull.

Selling to forum members, I'd be content with $400 net to me, which should mean a total of about $430 to cover paypal fees and shipping and insurance.

Irenaeus

Last edited:

Irenaeus

Additional price drop to $350.

Would consider trades. Am interested in NEX 5, in the third version of the Kippon Contax G lens to NEX adapter, in the Olympus E1, the 50/2 macro for it and (gulp) a MacPro desktop computer. Who pays what cash in boot to be negotiated.

Dodgy focusing ability with my current eyesight and difficulties re film with my current housing lead me to say that I also have a Rollei TLR 3.5F Planar, a Hexar AF 35/2 and a Minolta Autocord to throw into the mix. All are in great shape with the exception of a blemish on the Rollei's front metalwork.

Unable to post photos this very second but will do so when I list these seperately, or upon request.

Thanks for looking,

Irenaeus