The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: photo gears

ashfaque

Hi Son: any reason to price both 35 and 50mm f1.5 (M) for $3700?

BTW, reading all the response I've decided if I need to buy anything from US, i'm going to contact Son. :) Thanks everyone. I really like way the people give feedback here as well. :)

Regards

Ashfaque

PSon

Ashfaque,
I am considering pulling the 35mm and 50mm Lux off the sale list due to the recent acquired M9 thus I am hesitant of selling them. These are fair prices from what I see they go for in chrome version and somewhat difficult to get one. I tried to get one of these in chrome with popflash and they would not nudge at the $3900 price and eventually sold it for this price. I also do not see any differences between the new 35 lux and my version and the price gap is about $1500 to $2000 depending on your luck. I some how still like the 35 lux in this version and consider it to be one of the best lens in the Leica line up and there are many great lens from Leica. The black are more available and can be had for less. I sold my black version to my brother for $3000 which is what I bought it for in this forums and decided to get the chrome. My M9 is a Steel Gray so these chrome lens will look very nice with it.
Best Regards,
Son

PSon

sflxn,
I cannot be certain that the H4D will work with the Cambo system since I do not own the H4D yet.
thanks
Son

PSon

Ok to make the sale more interesting I am now offering a few more items:

1. Hasselblad Superachromat 5.6/350 CFE (built in leaf shutter for low vibration especially with long focal length)
Condition: Mint
Price: $9000

2. Hasselblad Planar T* 2/110 FE (amazing lens on Leica S2, Sinar M, Phase One 645, Contax 645 and Hasselblad 205FCC)
Price: $2200

3. Hasselblad H2 Camera
Price: $2500

4. Leica Apo Summicron-R 2/180 ROM
Price: $4500

5. Canon Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE
Condition: Brand New (bought it and never used it due to time constrain)
Price: $1600.00

thanks
Son

Last edited:
Son's knowledge of camera equipment is amazing. Now I know why. He is a wonderful person to work with and I would buy from him without slightest hesitance.

PSon

The whole Cambo camera and lens system are SOLD.
I still have the second version of the Cambo package for sale (see below):

I am now putting a few more lens for sale:

1. Cambo Wide DS + 4x5 Film Back (It is rare to see the film back available with the Wide DS. You can use both traditional 4x5 film or the Betterlight scanning back with this set up. The nice things about this set up is there are no bellows movement so the accuracy for digital imaging is better with the Betterlight scanning back. You can also use the regular digital back on the Wide DS system as well).
Price: $1200

2. Canon EF 1.2/85L Mark II
Condition: Brand New with full warranty left (again I did not have the time to use the lens)
Price: $1800

3. Canon EF 2.8/70-200L IS Mark II
This lens I tested against the Leica Apo Vario-Elmarit-R 2.8/70-180 ROM and this copy is even sharper than the Leica lens. The new Canon lens seems to be very sharp wide open all the way to F4 and start to have diffraction by F5.6 which is similar to the Leica lens. The colors also seems to shift toward the direction of the Superachromat lens but not there yet.
Condition: Mint with about 9-10 months warranty left
Price: $2100

4. Leica Noctilux 1.0/50 4th version prior to th 0.95 versionswith 6 bit code
Condition: Mint Like New (I bought this lens from a person who told me that he bought it new and used it only a couple of times and the lens looks like it. I then sent it to DAG to have it 6 bit code and calibration which will be returned to me by this Friday. The lens have the lens pouch and the box was thrown away. This will be among the best condition you will see from the Noctilux).
Price: $6000

5. Leica Summilux 1.4/75 Germany Version + 6 bit code
Condition: Like New with the lens pouch but no box
Price: $3700 (same price as I bought it from Samy plus the 6 bit coding).

6. Leica M9 Steel Gray
Condition: Brand New
Price: $6950

7. Sinar M system
I have 2 sets which I will keep one full set and will sell some of the components of the second set off depending what you need, lens, shutter, mirror module and etc. Just email me if you are truly interested.

Thanks Cuong and flipflop. I am selling off some of my gears to fund the current project. Here are the examples from my recent works with the Phase One P40+. The first image was taken with the P+ mode and the second was without the P+ technology. The lens was taken wide open at F2, handheld at 1/50s and with available light. No sharpening was applied.

Thanks,
-Son

Last edited:

PSon

Update:
1. Leica Summilux-M 1.4/35 ASPH 6-bit code Chrome is sold. This lens is an amazing lens from Leica. A revisit is needed.
2. Noctilux 0.95 is withdrawn and traded. I also tested the lens against my other 50mm lens (Leica 50 Lux pre-ASPH, 1.4/50 ASPH, and 3 Noctilux 1.0/50) and the 0.95 Noctilux can deliver the finest resolution, speed, bokeh, clarity and colors. It also has greater control in attenuating vignet. Another amazing lens from Leica and destined to be a legend lens. A new boundary has reached for such high speed lens that can do it all with the best of them and better across the board. One more point: don't forget what the word Noctilux really mean in term of functionality. This one is a must revisit.

now available:
Contax Carl Zeiss 1.2/55 100th Jahre
Condition: LIKE NEW and collectible. This lens is part of my biggest lens collection and truly a beautiful lens.
Price: $7K

thanks
-Son

Last edited: