The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M Silver LN!

D&A

Hi All,

Rearranging some of my lenses and impossible to keep all the good stuff (unless I win the lottery in the next week or so :)

This is a one owner Leica 24mm f2.8 Elmarit-M in Silver (hand coded) lens which is boxed with case/paperwork/hood/hood cap and front and rear lens caps. When all factors are taken into account....size, speed, performance, and price, with it's silky smooth controls due to the Silver's brass construction, this lens is up there as one of the best 24mm lenses for the Leica M. Shoot it wide open or stopped down (for increased depth of field), this lens never ceases to amaze me with it's edge to edge resolution and clarity. Silver lenses of course look great on Silver and Gray bodies and although a personal taste, I think look cool on Black bodies too...but it's the brass construction that imparts a silkiness to the lens controls that add that something extra...albeit with a bit of additional heft (weight).

Considering it's silver finish, lens has seen very light use and shows little cosmetic wear or marks..simply lovely. All glass inside and out is pristine, no oil on blades and all controls smooth. All caps show a bit of cosmetic marks, simply from handling or putting in pocket. Hood had a few areas of scuffs/scrape, but nothing really noticed unless one examines closely.

Of course already highly regarded performance on the M9 and makes a perfect classic 35mm (actually 33mm to be precise) on the M8/M8.2 .

Price is $2195.00 plus shipping/insurance costs (all net to me).

***I also have both the Zeiss 18mm f4 lens and New Leica 18mm viewfinder that has framelines for 24mm too! All three (Leica 24mm f2.8, Zeiss 18mm f4 and Leica 18mm/24mm viewfinder) make a great high performance kit!

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for 10 years with 1300 pure positives!

*** Please note: Since I am usually on my cell phone, responding to PM's is very difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's.

Thanks for Looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: