The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: GRD2

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I know it's a long shot, but I'm in no hurry to get it, so figured I'd at least ask. PM me if you have one you aren't going to use. Looking for the basic camera and an extra battery.

Thanks,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We loved playing around with this camera Terry had and i want to get one later down the road myself. Darn thing was fun

mark1958

Jack and Guy.. I have a question about the GRD II. I have read some concerns that there is a substantial NR applied to the RAW files at isos 200 and up??? This is the same issue that bugged me so much when the Leica DLUX-2 was "upgraded" to a DLUX-3. THe issue is that there is no way to turn this off. I have heard several folks complain about this as well withe GRD II.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I seriously don't know Mark... Bottom line was the files still look they came out of a P&S, with ISO 200 being like fine grained film, ISO 400 looking like Tri-X and ISO 800 looking like T-Max 3200. But the shutter is instant as is the LCD, so no lag. Also has several "quick-modes" that allow it to fire really fast, a B&W mode and a square crop mode, all of which I like with the relatively fast fixed 28mm lens.

Terry

Mark,
I have RAW (DNG) files at all ISOs. I am happy to send you (put in my .mac public folder) some files to play around with. I'm not looking to make giant high ISO prints and almost 100% sure my high ISO stuff will all be in B&W. I'm not making a pitch for people to buy this camera but having had my fair share this seems to be the most responsive, with best controls of all the others I've tried.