The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Silver Leica M8u Perfect Like New!

tom in mpls

Those of you reading my Leica posts as well as my FW and WTB ads know that I am always changing my mind. Well, it has happened again.

I recently sold my M9 and bought an M8u, but now I am going to move completely from the Leica cameras. I finally have come to see that I do not use this equipment enough to justify keeping it. The first item to go is the M8u; I will be selling lenses and other miscellaneous bits soon.

This is a silver M8u. It does not have the sapphire LCD screen but does have the shutter and frame line upgrades. It is in perfect condition with absolutely no signs of wear. I have shot only a few frames since it arrived a couple weeks ago from Roger Dunham (known here as glenerrolrd). Here is his description of the camera:

"I have a really nice M8 Silver with the upgraded shutter and the viewfinder frames (didn't do the LCD upgrade). This camera was my backup display model...just a beautiful camera. I had either DAG or NJ calibrate the rangefinder can't remember which.

The body was a LN demo I hand picked out at Kurland in NYC. Leica tipped me off that Kurland was getting most of the stuff coming off repair ...the camera looked unused. I never used it except to test."

I am selling it for the same price that I paid, $3000 net to me, and I will pay for shipping and insurance CONUS via USPS Priority mail. Original box, strap, charger, battery, etc. Add $100 for a silver Thumbs Up EP-1 without lettering.

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Upgrade! I plan to ship USPS Express overnight.

Contact me to discuss if you have any interest.

BTW, I have owned the black as well; I like the silver better.

You will not find a better one.