The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ultimate Nikon D3 Kit

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Marc is right, the 200VR is a great lens.

David, you need this lens. I'd save you a few dollars off of new, providing you with a nice discount as I've only used it several times. I also have a matching 1.7X that would serve as the perfect accessory. :D

Kurt

woodyspedden

Darn it Kurt, where were you when I was building my Nikon wedding kit?

Woulda jumped on that 28/1.4 in a NY heart beat.

Timing is everything.
Marc

Wish I had known about your needs. I sold the 28 1.4 to Kurt only about three months ago, and at a price to meet your wishes. Thought he was really in to this format but, there you go. The 28 1.4 is a fabulous lens, even with its old style rendering. Wish I could have another to sell to you to work with your fabulous technicques.

I'll look out for you and may be we can find one that meets your requirements.

All the best

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Kurt,
I'd love to have it back. Traded mine for the Zeiss 15 2.8 ZM and finder when I got my M8 (had the Nikon D2x at the time). They cost about the same but now that I have the D3 I'd love to trade back. I'm guessing you're cash bound on these sales to fund your MFDB acquisition and I'm a bit tapped out myself from mine. I spent the price of this lens on two adapters for the MF kit. Somehow it doesn't seem quite right :(

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'm probably gonna be tapped out for a loooong time. :) And, maybe that's a very good thing. All this buying and selling is enough to make your head swirl.

fotografz

I'm probably gonna be tapped out for a loooong time. :) And, maybe that's a very good thing. All this buying and selling is enough to make your head swirl.
It makes my head hurt ... and I'm not finished yet :( Leica R goodies must now be sacrificed to the MF gods.

woodyspedden

It makes my head hurt ... and I'm not finished yet :( Leica R goodies must now be sacrificed to the MF gods.
Marc

It was the sale of all my R glass that allowed me to get into MFDB. However at this point I have no regrets as the file quality from the CWD is just so good compared to my 35mm stuff. Don't get me wrong, the D3 with the Nanocrystal Glass is just wonderful and for many applications just the ticket. But for my Fine Art Landscapes, the CWD is as good as it gets in my price bracket. Someday I will look at higher pixel density backs but for now I am happy. (It is one thing to be happy and quite another to be satisfied don't you know LOL)

Woody

fotografz

Kurt,
I'd love to have it back. Traded mine for the Zeiss 15 2.8 ZM and finder when I got my M8 (had the Nikon D2x at the time). They cost about the same but now that I have the D3 I'd love to trade back. I'm guessing you're cash bound on these sales to fund your MFDB acquisition and I'm a bit tapped out myself from mine. I spent the price of this lens on two adapters for the MF kit. Somehow it doesn't seem quite right :(
Just got back from the first wedding job using the D3 shoulder to shoulder with a Canon 1DsMKIII. Will report on the comparison separately ... but I can say the 200/2 VR was the star of the shoot. OMG !!!! If I could've got this lens at that price I'd be in Heaven.