Site Sponsors

Thread: Ultimate Nikon D3 Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ultimate Nikon D3 Kit

I have a few Nikon items for sale that might be of interest to Nikon and D3 fans. I love the camera and the lenses in the kit I've put together, but, have felt the tug of MF calling. So, that means I'll be selling my D3 kit.

1) Nikon D3 --- Mint in the box D3. Less than 5000 actuations. Doesn't include NX software and was a grey market camera. Includes extra battery. Perfect working condition.

Price: $4300 + shipping and +3% for paypal

2) Nikon 200VR ----- Latest and greatest. LNIB and less than 3 months old. USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $3700 + shipping and +3% for paypal

3) Nikon 28/1.4 ---- Includes box and hard to find hood. Excellent condition.

Price: $3200 + shipping and +3% for paypal

4) Nikon Noct 58mm/1.2 ---- 9 blade version in excellent condition.

Price: $3100 + shipping and +3% for paypal

5) Nikon 14-24mm ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $1400 + shipping and +3% for paypal

6) Zeiss ZF100 macro ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

I'll post a few pictures in the next several days but wanted to list the gear here first.

Kurt

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Ultimate Nikon D3 Kit

Man that bug bit really hard. Kurt your following me down that slope my friend, we will go down together. LOL

Good luck on your sale. I was looking for the 24-70 myself and I am just going to keep the D300 now.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm pretty excited about this potential move, though. More excited than I've been in awhile. I'm going to keep my 24-70 and 85/1.4 and grab a d300. It'll actually be a very nice little kit for event work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exactly mine will be D300 24-70, Zeiss 85 since no one bought it and the 180mm. This will do the grip and grin stuff for me. But the D3 is really really nice. Folks were shooting this in the dark and came home with great images from San Juan. I just can't afford two or three full systems. But i can work pared down which is what I have done
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

The pain disappears quickly, whenever you see those MF files.

Now Kurt, have I told you about this terrific system- Phase back (P25 or P30) with Contax 645?

Check it out!

Nikon is to Leica
    as
    Mamiya is to Contax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Victor,

I'm not committing to a mount today ... but will be soon.

That Contax glass is definitely sexy, but, at what price? Let me guess, you are busy promoting Contax glass because I'm betting you are probably sitting on a large stash of it waiting for the price to rise.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

14-24mm and 28mm lenses are sold.

DougDolde

Victor,

Now I myself am a Contax 645 user but really don't understand why you are so often bashing Mamiya. Frankly I could do just as well with the new Mamiya AFD III. After all they ARE still making it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Hi Victor,

I'm not committing to a mount today ... but will be soon.

That Contax glass is definitely sexy, but, at what price? Let me guess, you are busy promoting Contax glass because I'm betting you are probably sitting on a large stash of it waiting for the price to rise.

Kurt
    Why would you think that? I hardly need the money. Actually, I have never sold ANY photographic equipment (except see below). I keep it ALL!

Unfortunately, the arguments for and against the systems here seem froth with the assumption of ulterior motives. quite understandable since people are either in the business, or want to justify their purchases.

Actually, I have had mine for over 4 years, and plan to keep it.

But, buy what you want. Many people rushed to the new Canon, then Leica, then the Nikon, then the MF, then a second MF system, buy sell,
    sell buy...

I have three systems: C645, M8, DMR and I use them all.

And, as I said, I haven't sold one piece (ok, I did sell one to Kit in Austr, and bought it back a year later! A HB 50mm CF. I bought Grahams 50 2.8 F a year earlier and it was really just a swap at equal cost)

Now I have both!

I find it interesting all these changes, and the rumors etc. But I've seen it before and will see it again.

Just make sure what you buy you REALLY like. The Contax I tell people about is an alternative, nothing more. Feel free to ignore it...

AT YOUR PERIL!!!

best regards Kurt, and actually, whatever MF you buy I think you will be thrilled with

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Victor,

Now I myself am a Contax 645 user but really don't understand why you are so often bashing Mamiya. Frankly I could do just as well with the new Mamiya AFD III. After all they ARE still making it.
    can we stop using the word bashing. I think the images are a little less dimansional than Contax and Zeiss. EXACTLY what Robert said about the Nikon glass relative to Leica

and Jack agreed, called it micro contrast or something.

LOOK at the images. If you don't see it fine. I do, and like it. Maybe not everybodies cup of tea. Maybe Mamiya has another quality that Contax/Leica doesn't. But frankly, in Guy's example of the Mamiya and the Leica it was pretty clear there was a difference.

Pointing out qualitative differences isn't bashing.

(Now, showling pictures of contax loaded with grips and battery packs, then claiming another MF is smaller, maybe that IS!!

Regards
    Victor

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    can we stop using the word bashing. I think the images are a little less dimansional than Contax and Zeiss. EXACTLY what Robert said about the Nikon glass relative to Leica

and Jack agreed, called it micro contrast or something.

LOOK at the images. If you don't see it fine. I do, and like it. Maybe not everybodies cup of tea. Maybe Mamiya has another quality that Contax/Leica doesn't. But frankly, in Guy's example of the Mamiya and the Leica it was pretty clear there was a difference.

Pointing out qualitative differences isn't bashing.

(Now, showling pictures of contax loaded with grips and battery packs, then claiming another MF is smaller, maybe that IS!!

Regards
    Victor
    Sounds like bashing to me.

Victor, even in a FS post, is it necessary to promote your subjectively boring mantra as if it were a fact, while discounting any opinion that differs as being the subjective ramblings of semi-blind photographers? Just curious.

As far as I can see, folks like Jim Collum are doing just fine with their sub-standard Mamiya and Leaf gear ... in direct defiance of all your "words" claiming superiority accompanied by zero visual substantiation. Pictures talk and bullshyt walks my friend.

RE: my sub-standard Hassey ... if I want "real" Zeiss optics I'll use them, and can do it without stop down metering and shooting

Here's the facts according to my boring mantra: I owned a Contax 645 for years and years and every lens made for it except the 210/4 and Zoom. It's fine for an old timer, outdated, slow focusing, Dodo of a camera that requires a lumbering Hunchback of Notre Dame battery pack just to keep up with a Mamiya. But that's NOT bashing, because you said so

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have a few Nikon items for sale that might be of interest to Nikon and D3 fans. I love the camera and the lenses in the kit I've put together, but, have felt the tug of MF calling. So, that means I'll be selling my D3 kit.

1) Nikon D3 --- Mint in the box D3. Less than 5000 actuations. Doesn't include NX software and was a grey market camera. Includes extra battery. Perfect working condition.

Price: $4300 + shipping and +3% for paypal

2) Nikon 200VR ----- Latest and greatest. LNIB and less than 3 months old. USA version with blank warranty card.

Price: $3700 + shipping and +3% for paypal

3) Nikon 28/1.4 ---- Includes box and hard to find hood. Excellent condition.

Price: $3200 + shipping and +3% for paypal

4) Nikon Noct 58mm/1.2 ---- 9 blade version in excellent condition.

Price: $3100 + shipping and +3% for paypal

5) Nikon 14-24mm ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

6) Zeiss ZF100 macro ---- LNIB; USA version with blank warranty card.

I'll post a few pictures in the next several days but wanted to list the gear here first.

Kurt
    Darn it Kurt, where were you when I was building my Nikon wedding kit?

Woulda jumped on that 28/1.4 in a NY heart beat.

Timing is everything.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey Kurt,

Now look at what you've gone and started just by selling your Nikon gear. You are quickly catching up to Guy in gear turnover and that is saying something. Good luck with your sale. You've got some awesome lenses in this kit...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOL I actually would not mind having that D3 for that price. Problem is i already robbed all the banks in the area and they know me now. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've seriously considered selling my M8, 35 and 75luxes to keep the D3 and noct as an everyday kit. The M8 has been sitting home more often these days. Keep what you use is probably a good strategy ... as long as you know that you won't need it again later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just the 200VR and the ZF100 left ...

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent on 200VR.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow Kurt nice to see all your gear sell in just a couple days. Nice to see our members so active to boot. Kurt is a great guy to buy and sell too, I think I hold the record for that with him. LOL

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Somebody buy the damn 200 VR so I can stop looking at it. Pleeeeease!!!!!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Somebody buy the damn 200 VR so I can stop looking at it. Pleeeeease!!!!!
    It took me months to find one in stock ... and it sure wasn't at this price.

IMO, this lens is better than the Canon 200/1.8 that I used to own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Don't tell me that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc is right, the 200VR is a great lens.

David, you need this lens. I'd save you a few dollars off of new, providing you with a nice discount as I've only used it several times. I also have a matching 1.7X that would serve as the perfect accessory.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Darn it Kurt, where were you when I was building my Nikon wedding kit?

Woulda jumped on that 28/1.4 in a NY heart beat.

Timing is everything.
    Marc

Wish I had known about your needs. I sold the 28 1.4 to Kurt only about three months ago, and at a price to meet your wishes. Thought he was really in to this format but, there you go. The 28 1.4 is a fabulous lens, even with its old style rendering. Wish I could have another to sell to you to work with your fabulous technicques.

I'll look out for you and may be we can find one that meets your requirements.

All the best

Woody

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kurt,
    I'd love to have it back. Traded mine for the Zeiss 15 2.8 ZM and finder when I got my M8 (had the Nikon D2x at the time). They cost about the same but now that I have the D3 I'd love to trade back. I'm guessing you're cash bound on these sales to fund your MFDB acquisition and I'm a bit tapped out myself from mine. I spent the price of this lens on two adapters for the MF kit. Somehow it doesn't seem quite right

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm probably gonna be tapped out for a loooong time. And, maybe that's a very good thing. All this buying and selling is enough to make your head swirl.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm probably gonna be tapped out for a loooong time. And, maybe that's a very good thing. All this buying and selling is enough to make your head swirl.
    It makes my head hurt ... and I'm not finished yet Leica R goodies must now be sacrificed to the MF gods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lot's of sacrificing going on.

But I think some of us finally woke up from a long sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    It makes my head hurt ... and I'm not finished yet Leica R goodies must now be sacrificed to the MF gods.
    Marc

It was the sale of all my R glass that allowed me to get into MFDB. However at this point I have no regrets as the file quality from the CWD is just so good compared to my 35mm stuff. Don't get me wrong, the D3 with the Nanocrystal Glass is just wonderful and for many applications just the ticket. But for my Fine Art Landscapes, the CWD is as good as it gets in my price bracket. Someday I will look at higher pixel density backs but for now I am happy. (It is one thing to be happy and quite another to be satisfied don't you know LOL)

Woody

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Kurt,
    I'd love to have it back. Traded mine for the Zeiss 15 2.8 ZM and finder when I got my M8 (had the Nikon D2x at the time). They cost about the same but now that I have the D3 I'd love to trade back. I'm guessing you're cash bound on these sales to fund your MFDB acquisition and I'm a bit tapped out myself from mine. I spent the price of this lens on two adapters for the MF kit. Somehow it doesn't seem quite right
    Just got back from the first wedding job using the D3 shoulder to shoulder with a Canon 1DsMKIII. Will report on the comparison separately ... but I can say the 200/2 VR was the star of the shoot. OMG !!!! If I could've got this lens at that price I'd be in Heaven.