The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss 21mm f4.5 C-Biogon silver - coded

Don Hutton

I recently picked up a WATE and probably shouldn't sell this, but have some need of funds...

Beautiful silver Zeiss 21mm f4.5 C Biogon ZM for Leica M mount - fantastic lens - the sharpest 21mm lens I have ever tested and completely free of distortion too. This example was 6-bit coded by DAG, so it's ready for an M8 or an M9. On an M9, you'll need to use Corner Fix to sort out color shifts (it's easy to do and works perfectly). On the M8 and film, it's a complete gem in every way.

Optics are mint. There are traces of use on the barrel - no wobbles in the aperture ring or focus though - smooth and precise. I threw away the dreadful Zeiss front cap and replaced it with a useable 46mm cap. Includes the generic front cap, Zeiss rear cap, box and papers (missing one of the foam inserts in the box, but I will pack carefully with bubble wrap). This was purchased new from Popflash. They are $1100 new. I think $850 including lower 48 insured shipping is pretty fair.

Last edited:

Don Hutton

Just to be clear, the lens was purchased from Popflash with the correct flange for bringing up the correct framelines on the M8 for 6-bit coding (I think it's 28/135mm). A non-issue on any other camera, but quite important on the M8.