The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

28mm M-rokkor lens with Van Stelton CLA

nanthor

Hi, this 28mm lens has been serviced by JVS, John Van Stelton, the undisputed expert at changing these lenses from "white spot" lenses to beauties. He took off the white spots, repainted the lens edges, collimated and CLA'd the lens. The result? A beautiful, sharp, tiny, 28mm lens with f2.8 aperture. The focus is silky smooth, aperture clicks nicely. Comes with beautiful metal shade, front and rear caps, and a B&W 40.5mm UV filter. This lens usually sells for about $390+ with the white spots or "slight haze" (indicating that the front lens element has the tiny bubbles on it). The JVS treatment is ~$250. So I'm asking $590.00 for this lens, considering the condition, the CLA with white spot removal, the caps and hood, and the filter, a good deal on a rare, treated lens. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.

Last edited:

kermaier

Ooh, tempting! Even though I already have one, bought with spots and cleaned by FocalPoint, I just love this lens -- do I need a backup? :)

BTW, Bob is a pleasure to deal with.

Ari