The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3D-II/39, 4 lens kit for under $14K !!!!!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
David congrats okay you got three days to show us something stunning. LOL

Just kidding. Get out take your time learn all you can with it and enjoy. The images will follow

David Schneider

Guy,

Thanks. Have a lot to learn. Things were easier when I had Bronic etrs and five lenses and my RB67. Then it was just a few film backs. Now it's software city and workflow issues.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey you got money left over we have a workshop next month glad to give you all the help you need. Okay shameless advertising, bad Guy bad Guy. LOL

David Schneider

Love to go, but still in my busy season and my cash reserves just took a hit. lol. I'm more of a studio portrait guy anyway, although I did sports for years too.

jlm

Workshop Member
my 2 bits:

Phocus works very well, best on the Mac platfom, get your file organization structure under control from the beginning. a tip or two:
if stored on the card, the camera makes .3FR files, a proprietary compressed format. Using focus, you import the .3FR to a folder of your choice and they are imported as .fff files. You don't need the .3FR files any longer once you are sure of the importing. if you import via tethering with Phocus, .fff files come straight over

David Schneider

jlm,
Thanks for tips. Appreciated. I have a lot to learn, especially on getting workflow under control.

If you are at PhotoExpo at Javits Center and you see a guy with handlebar moustache and curly hair, pretty good chance it's me. Say hello. By then I think I'll probably have a permanently confused look on my face now that I've entered the "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here" zone.