The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikkor 8.5cm f/2 chrome LTM lens

kermaier

1. Nikkor 8.5cm f/2 in LTM lens: $475

This is one of the truly classic Sonnar-type lenses manufactured by Nippon Kogaku in the 1950s, that helped make their reputation. FWIW, legend has it that the 8.5cm f/2 is the lens that sold David Douglas Duncan on the Nikkor line for his Korean War work. This example is labeled "Nippon Kogaku Japan" (not the earliest "Nippon Kogaku Tokyo" version).

Why am I selling it, you ask? I have far too many lenses, and the Nikkor 10.5cm f/2.5 and M-Hexanon 90/2.8 more than fill my limited long-lens needs. (Say that 10 times fast! :D)

The lens is in really great condition: The glass is clean, with truly minor dust specs and a couple of very small air bubbles (typical for the time period -- even at Leitz :rolleyes:). Focus is smooth and properly damped. Aperture clicks solidly at all stops, and the diaphragm is free of oil (just returned from an aperture overhaul at Essex Camera). Cosmetically, the beautiful chrome finish simply glows. There are a few minor scuff to the chrome, but it's really very clean.

Comes with a vintage chrome rear cap (don't know if it's original or contemporary with the lens) and a nifty velvet-lined leather push-on cap (no idea what it originally came with, but it fits perfectly).

Here are some pictures (note that the finder has already been sold):

2. Canon hood for 85/1.9 LTM lens: $55

This hood is originally for the Serenar 85mm f/1.9 LTM lens, but it fits the Nikkor 85/2 perfectly (or any other portrait lens with a 48mm filter size). I'll knock the price down to $45 if you buy it with the lens.

This is a two-piece hood: The shade screws into an adapter that accepts Series VII filters and has a 50mm clamp-on ring. (Note that if you use such a lens with 48mm filter ring on an M8/8.2, UV/IR filters are much easier to find in Series VII size than in 48mm.) This is probably the most uncommon of the Canon 50mm clamp-on hoods that can work on an 85mm lens.

Excellent condition: A few very small marks in the black paint, and some dulling of the chrome finish on the ring. No dents or other functional issues.

And some pix of the hood:

Administrivia:

Prices include PayPal fees. Shipping is additional at cost.

I'll ship in the US via USPS or FedEx. I'd prefer to keep things in North America, but if you're elsewhere in the world we can talk.

I'm pretty new here on GetDPI, but I'm active on RangefinderForum (also as "kermaier"), and my eBay ID is "Dogleg31".

Thanks for looking!
::Ari