Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB: Epson RD1

michaeljk

WTB: Epson RD1

Hello,

I'm currently looking for an Epson RD-1(s). If you want to sell one, please write me a message. My location is in Europe, but I have no problem with delivery costs if the camera is in good technical condition (scratches and signs of use are ok)!

Michael

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB: Epson RD1

A quick search on Ebay for "Epson R-D1s camera" revealed two available for sale, one in Hong Kong, the other in Japan. Prices are USD $1500-2200.

michaeljk

Hello Godfrey,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunatly, $2200 is nearly the price for a Leica M8 now and the Epson on EBay for $1,578.00 looks very used (and therefore expensive), so both are no option for me. I'm not a collector, I just want to take my pictures with a good camera, and the R-D1 is my first choice.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljk View Post
    Hello Godfrey,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunatly, $2200 is nearly the price for a Leica M8 now and the Epson on EBay for $1,578.00 looks very used (and therefore expensive), so both are no option for me. I'm not a collector, I just want to take my pictures with a good camera, and the R-D1 is my first choice.
    I haven't seen any Epson R-D1 bodies selling for much less than about $1400 in any condition at all. Mint examples have held most of their original value.

The R-D1 is something of a rarity and a specialty piece, my understanding is that only about 10,000 of them were made in total through all variants. The result is that they tend to cost quite a lot. There are plenty of extremely good cameras out there that are a lot less expensive. I could name a few but it would probably spur an argument, so I won't.

BTW: Just because a Leica M8 is $2200 or more doesn't make it a collector's camera. It just happens to be a very expensive camera, that's all.

Good luck on your quest to find a low-priced R-D1! If I'd found one, I'd likely have bought it as I like the R-D1 too.

Post Thanks / Like

You might also keep an eye on the Rangefinder Forum classifieds, where R-D1's seem to turn up more frequently than anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent with a lead on one.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I just sent you a PM with the details of my R-D1 for sale on the Nikon Cafe forum.