The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Very special Leica lens - 50 Lux ASPH LHSA

bradhusick

I worked very hard to obtain this lens. I bought a new full Leica MP3 kit (special MP, Leicavit and lens) just to get my hands on the lens. There are fewer than 1000 of these lenses in existence. Now that I have a 0.95, I don't have a need for it any more, so it's here for my GetDPI friends...

This is a pristine condition chrome 50mm Summilux f/1.4 ASPH with the latest optics, encased in classic-design knurled brass. It includes the classic vented hood. I had the lens 6-bit coded as well. I will include a custom-made Leica UV/IR filter that fits the lens in E43 size, also in chrome. When the lens is wide open, it's almost as if there's nothing but glass in front of you!

The third photo has the lens in the foreground with the hood mounted. It's not my photo, but you can get a good look from another angle.

I am asking a very reasonable $3950 net. I'd prefer to sell in the US. Given that the impossible-to-get regular 50 lux asph is $3695, I think this is a bargain.

You're welcome. :)

Last edited:

bradhusick

The power of the 0.95 makes it irresistible, so that's what's on my camera! Of all people, Ashwin, you should know!!!

Apologies to those who missed this opportunity, but I might know where to get a black LHSA lens just like this if you're interested. The black will be a little more expensive because only 500 copies of that were ever made. I will check into it. PM if interested.

R

robofc

where did you get the filter made?

Hi,

I have one. Where did you get the filter made? And what is the other, long lens in the photo?

thanks,

Robert

bradhusick

DAG made the filter for me after I found an old UV filter in that size. I don't know what the other lens is... that's not my photo.

As for the black LHSA ASPH lens, I am trying to convince my friend to sell his. I am having a tough time. If you want to make him an offer (over $4K) it might entice him to sell. PM me with a really good offer if you truly want this lens. No pressure - if you think this is too much, just pass.

Leicadoc

It isn't often I get nauseated at anything on this forum.
Missing this deal has actually caused that...
Good luck to the new owner. I hope it performs for you like I thought it would for me....unhappily...