The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica 75 f/1.4

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I bought this Canadian lux here on this board from Ashwin. It is a beauty with clean glass, built in hood, mechanically sound. There is some brassing on the focus ring as shown in photo. No box or pouch, but I will provide a generic lens case.
I need to raise some funds, or I wouldn't be selling this one.
$2700 shipped and paypal'd to your US location

cam

one of the finest lenses ever made -- Walter Mandler's own favourite design :D

and you can't get much better linage than Ashwin and Cindy!

a seriously stunning lens, probably the best optically that i own (otherwise, i would be snapping it up at this price).

ashwinrao1

This lens was (is) a marvel for me. I can tell you for sure that this copy is a keeper. I would love to have it back someday, and am actually tempted, but my poor wallet wouldn't yet allow it. Great price, great lens, great seller. What more could one ask for? Best of luck, Cindy!

kevinparis

as a lowly micro 4/3 user this beyond doubt is the finest lens I have ever shot with....must convince Cam to let me use it again.

this is it on an E-p1... can't imagine how gorgeous it must be on an M9 or even an M8

Mauve Shoe by kevinparis, on Flickr

Tasty Treat by kevinparis, on Flickr

K

Last edited:

PSon

A classy lady with a classic lens. If you love the Leica Summilux-R 1.4/80, then imagine the M version, Leica Summilux-M 1.4/75. One thing we must always be aware not to judge the cosmetic of the lens or where it was made, Canadian versus Germany. If the performance of the lens is memorable, then it is a keeper. Based on the past and current users of the lens one can tell this one is special.

Best Wishes,
-Son