The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: chrome/silver apo summicron 2/90 or Macro Elmar 4/90

D&A

Hi,

Just out of curiosity...did the 90mm f2 AA ever come in chrome/silver? I think it might have in titanium finish and of course in black, but don't recall seeing a 90mm f2 AA? I know the last 90mm f2 pre asph E55 came in silver chrome as I have that one. Thanks

Dave (D&A)

j. white

Hi,

Just out of curiosity...did the 90mm f2 AA ever come in chrome/silver? I think it might have in titanium finish and of course in black, but don't recall seeing a 90mm f2 AA? I know the last 90mm f2 pre asph E55 came in silver chrome as I have that one. Thanks

Dave (D&A)
I've long been curious about this too. The handsome "Leica Lens Book" sent to registered users during the Hanns-Peter Cohn era features an image of a silver-chrome 90mm APO ASH. However the technical specs in the book neglect to list weight for the chrome version.

fbf

I have the silver chrome 90/2 apo cron if you are still looking.
You can send me a pm or email for detail.

icemanh

Hi,

Dave (D&A)
Dave

It exited in the market for a short period and then Leica announced stopping production of chrome lens. I saw this lens in person a few times, and also saw some sale ad. in used lens market.

Too bad I have deleted old leica M catalog, otherwise, I can find out more information.

Iceman

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Iceman,

Interesting, especially that Leica seems to have had it on the market for so short of time. Sometimes companies show a product (or variation of it) in their catalogs, but eventually don't produce it....but in this case, if you've seen one for sale, then it probably was made for a short time as you say. Thanks for the info!

Dave (D&A)