Site Sponsors

Thread: FS/T: Leica 28/2.8 VII ROM + custom adapter

Post Thanks / Like

FS/T: Leica 28/2.8 VII ROM + custom adapter

Have a very nice (thanks RobS) copy of the latest Leica's 28/2.8 ROM that I'm thinking of parting with. Truly (insert favored deity here)'s own 28mm.

That said, don't find myself using often and when I do, I tend to use it more in a reportage-style mode where you'd be better suited to use the faster 35 'cron, 35/2 ZF, etc.

In short, it's flat-across-the-frame MTF is wasted for the shots I normally find myself using it for and an extra stop would come in handy.

So, thinking of replacing it with a late model 35 'cron or maybe (shudder) an EF 35/1.4, but I don't think the etxra stop and AF is worth the poor out-of-center performance, extra cost and a ticket in the Canon Lens Lottery. Been down the 35/2 ZF route. Nice lens, but not for me.

Lens is pristine and comes with a custom-encoded (e.g. "28mm F2.8") EOS FC adapter for Canon shooters, box, caps, case ,papers.

If anyone's interested $1300 or 35 'con + $$$ shipped insured/tracked within NA. CDN folks EMT or certified cheque fine. US folks with an aversion to Paypal - a USPS INTERNATIONAL MO is fine as well. Paypal - add 3%. Shipping outside NA is fine, buyer picks up the actual cost -$20.

I'll post it here first for a spell before adding it to FM -- or changing my mind. It's that nice a lens as some of you well know.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS/T: Leica 28/2.8 VII ROM + custom adapter

Make a reasonable offer - for Canon shooters out there, your could shave with this lens on a 5D, 1Ds2-3 or 1D3. Will post some pics as soon as I can come up for air.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics (I hope)

Post Thanks / Like

Last 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rob:

Do you still have the box, leather case and other papers for it? This will influence some buyer's decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Rob

"..Lens is pristine and comes with a custom-encoded (e.g. "28mm F2.8") EOS FC adapter for Canon shooters, box, caps, case ,papers..."

Comes just like you sold it to me ;> Hey, wanna do a parts trade for your 35/2 beater ;>?

Market for specific R glass tends to come and go in waves of popularity and I'm in no hurry. It also doesn't look like KEH is replenishing stocks in a hurry either (entire primes inventory is down to 1 page).

Love it, but it's overkill for what I use it for and I have a long list (who doesn't) of gear I 'need' to get - not the least of which is an Epson 3800 to replace my ancient PoS HP printer.

Guy's Mamiya 200 APO should be here next week - looking fwd to seeing what that can do on the (for now) 1Ds2.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected on the KEH supply - just hit KEH looks like they just got some gear in.

Post Thanks / Like

Lens is sold pending funds.

Post Thanks / Like

The funds are there. It's the delivery of the funds that is pending :>))

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected ;>