The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leicanon :) Elmarit-R 19/2.8 ROM

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Leica Elmarit-R 19/2.8 ROM, latest version modified to work (using a suitable adapter) on all Canon cameras except 5D and 5D2. I've used it on the 1D, 1Ds, 1Ds2, and will take it back and eat my underwear if it doesn't work on the 1Ds3 as well. The reason it works on the 1Ds series is that the mirror swings back and up on these bodies, while on the 5D it swings straight up. Presumably the idea is a quieter mirror with less slap and shake, but it also has the nice benefit of permitting use of this lens. The rear flange is mainly a protective device on these lenses; it's easily replaceable (by a technician) should you ever wish to restore the lens. But why would you? The ONLY drawback with this alteration is that the lens can't stand on its rear flange, which probably shouldn't be part of any of our handling repertoires, anyway. Of course, it's a wonderful lens on R bodies with film and a moderate wide angle on the DMR - I've used it with both. Slightly less contrast and more neutral colors than the Zeiss Distagon, and would you believe it it has a pleasant bokeh of you can get in close enough.

It has one tiny dust speck inside the rear element that would be rather difficult to show here, it's nothing that affects results in any way.

$2000
Paypal is OK
Located in San Francisco CA if you wish to pick it up in person.