The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: CyberSync transmitter & receiver--New in Box

kdphotography

Up for sale is a Paul Buff CyberSync wireless radio transmitter CST and receiver CSRB. You can see the descriptions here: http://www.alienbees.com/remotes.html

This really is a "Like New" item (set) both in original boxes. I purchased these to try the claimed faster wireless flash sync. (I've decided to bite the bullet and go ProFoto Air, and probably with the new Phase grip). The set is really unused---Jack used it the most in our brief testing of the flash synch with LS lenses and P65+. Probably all of ten minutes.

CST, CSRB, all manuals and multiple cords. Also in the box are two "coupons" from Buff, redeemable for $39.95 in a buy-back offer. This probably is for those wanting to upgrade to the Commander.

US$100 shipped CONUS for both.

ken
PM me here

kdphotography

Did it work for faster sync? I know they work otherwise quite well.
Yes---but not up to Buff's claims of 1/2500th flash sync.

PWs are limited to about 1/400th.

I would estimate the CyberSyncs are good for 1/600th to 1/800th, with some dimness showing at 1/800th. Jack used his 645DF and P65+ which had the hardware upgrade. Rangers with the speed head. It was just a quick down and dirty test, but they do work.

ken

M

minh0204

That's weird. I've got 1/2000 with no problem on my G9. I don't know what triggers out there can beat that.