The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Profoto D4 / Chimera complete studio lighting kit

bradhusick

I am the original owner of this wireless studio flash kit. I have used it 5 times for a total of about 100 flashes. It's all like brand-new, no blemishes. This is a top of the line kit - ask anyone. The unique thing about the D4 is that the color temperature of the flash remains constant throughout the shoot, unlike many other systems. The green LED numbers you see on the panel are F-stops for each flash head. There's no easier system out there. You can even plug it into a USB connection on a Mac or PC (software included) and control the entire kit from your laptop.

Here is the kit:

Profoto D4 2400 WS Power Pack with Pocket Wizard receiver built-in
Three (3) Profoto Acute-2 Fan cooled heads w/250W modeling lamps and 1 extra spare flashtube
Chimera Super Pro Plus White Medium softbox
Chimera Super Pro Plus White Small softbox
Two (2) Chimera Profoto speedrings
Profoto 34" white umbrella
Profoto Snoot
Profoto Grid and Filter Holder Kit
Three (3) Profoto 10 foot light stands
Lastolite background support system with Tenba tri-pack case
Sekonic L-608 digital flash meter with built-in Pocket Wizard transmitter
Pocket Wizard Multimax transceiver
Pocket Wizard Plus receiver
Tenba Head-4 Air Case with wheels (front leg on case needs repair, if you care)

This kit is well over $12,000 new.
The power pack alone is $7500 at B&H.
Considering offers for the whole kit over $8800 plus actual shipping cost. That's more than 25% off for a basically new studio flash kit.

Last edited:

bradhusick

Re: FS: Profoto D4 / Chimera complete studio lighting kit

Thanks, Daniel! Just think - an entire top of the line studio flash setup for less than the price of one Leica lens (noctilux, of course.) ;)

bradhusick

If you live in the Seattle area I will include personalized delivery and one hour of training on the system for free!

Or, if you'd like to pay my airfare, I will do this wherever you like and include up to three hours of training if you need it. Beat that, B&H!

bradhusick

I will sell the entire kit for $8500 net plus shipping for the next 24 hours. That's 30% off - really hard to beat that!

:)

S

SMP

Hello Brad, did your buyer ever come through or are these still available?