The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 ASPH

E

ebrandon

The famous Panasonic/Leica 25mm f1.4 Summilux in excellent condition.

I used this lens very little and took excellent care of it. The glass is immaculate, it operates like new, and the body is in excellent condition with just one small scuff mark separating it from new.

Comes in orginal box with pouch, paperwork, caps, hood etc. The back cap is an Olympus four thirds cap.

$799 with paypal fees and shipping fees included.

Please check out my very positive feedback on Fredmiranda under "ebrandon" and on ebay under "eric_brandon".

Please contact via PM or email.

Thanks!
- Eric Brandon

V

Vivek

a truly gorgeous lens - Just got one recently and photos just pour out of it :)
No doubt it is a fabulous lens.

Do the photos ooze out of the box on their own or it has to be mounted on a camera and used?;)

kevinparis

mounting the lens on a camera helps capture the images - otherwise if you leave it on a shelf overnight you have to sweep up all the loose pictures off the floor in the morning :)

kevinparis

thanks ohdannyboy... They are pretty much straight from the camera - oly 510... shot in Raw, processed in Aperture... a little bit of curve adjustment and thats it. I rarely spend more than a few minutes on PP

K

Jonas

Does this lens AF on a m43 body (like the G1)?
Yes, AF works, as Terry says. If it is loud or not can be discussed. I don't find it very loud but it is a kind of high pitch to the AF motor sound, as opposite to the pancake 20/1.7 and its strained humming.

Manual focusing is better than the pancake.

But, the great thing is about ergonomics. As the lens has a working aperture ring you handle the aperture there and free the camera control wheel from that leaving it to handle the the EC comp only (if in A mode, as an example). That makes the lens work much better than any of the µ4/3 lenses.

imho,

/Jonas

Godfrey

a truly gorgeous lens - Just got one recently and photos just pour out of it :) ...
Absolutely. If I could only have one lens for my FourThirds cameras, this would be it. Perfect balance of versatility, speed and image quality, like any good, fast normal lens. The only negative is that it's a bulky lens, but on the larger bodies that's irrelevant because it helps balance the camera/lens package better.

Godfrey

1. Is Panasonic discontinuing the lens?
Only Panasonic can say for sure. It's always been a limited supply, premium lens; how limited the production is remains a question mark. Vendors seem to sell out every one they get so it would make sense that Panasonic will continue making them, in limited numbers, as long as there is demand.

2. If this type of lens is so popular, why doesn't Olympus have one?
Olympus has concentrated on zoom lenses. Their competitive offering in this focal length range is the Zuiko Digital 14-35mm f/2, which is on par in performance with the Summilux-D 25mm. It's about double the price, double the weight, and a stop slower, but for those who want speed, ultra quality AND zoom focal length versatility, it's right there.

Rather than replicating the Summilux with another f/1.4 normal lens, I've wanted to see Olympus produce a 19mm f/2 prime. That would be a delightful focal length and speed for FourThirds SLR cameras. However, it's a lens that, for reasons of the depth of the SLR mount register, makes more sense to develop for Micro-FourThirds bodies ... as we've seen with the Panasonic Lumix G 20mm f/1.7.