The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Gear from an Estate

MoJo

Registred Users
Hello:

I am selling this fine Leica gear, from an estate. I am putting it up on Ebay also, but would pefer any Get DPI buyers. (My Ebay seller's name is "Viswan" - for photos of items as they go up.)

Here is the list, the prices to DPI will be fair, - the average of what a comparable item sold for in last 30 days on 'Bay. All appears to be in good used condition, and clean. Look it up, or make me a fair offer.....

Leica M4. serial #1230758
 $100+
Leica lllG. Serial #826589
 $100+
Leica lllF. serial #720234 
$100+
Red dial
Leica lllF. Serial #655939
$100+
Tower Leica Clone *Serial #150819
With Canon 50mm f1.8 lens serial # 308236 
$100+
Leica M3. Serial #921517
 $100+
Leica M 3. Serial #1015538
$100+

Lenses

Leica Leitz Summicron 35mm f2. serial #2741594
 $100+
Leica Leitz Summicron 50mm f2. serial #1581006
 $100+
Leica Leitz Summicron 50mm f2. serial #10200016
 $100+
Collapsible
Leica Leitz Summicron 50mm f2. serial #1325959

$100+
Leica Leitz Elmar 35mm f3.5. serial #438835
 $100+
Leica Leitz Elmar 35mm f3.5 serial #616517
 $100+
Leica Leitz Elmar 50mm f3.5 serial #533093*Collapsible with hood aperture device
 $100+
Leica Leitz Summaron 35mm f3.5. serial #706236

$100+

Accessories

Leicavit Syoom in Box
 $100+
Leica Copy Stand Boowu in Box, Instructions $100+

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi folks I'm going to let this add stand as a exception to our rules since obviously this is a Estate sale and some older items that maybe really tough to have a comparable price to attach to them. Now we always require a price attached to the item but in this case as you can see it is really a tough call for the seller. Here is what i suggest contact seller and make a offer to what you think is fair and do it through a PM. Now if this is becomes a issue than we will ask the seller to list it on e-bay or whatever choices he may have out there to sell his items.

This is a Guy call so if anyone has any issues than please contact me. Lets leave it up a few days and see how it goes. Mojo keep us plugged in on what is sold and such by updating your ad as needed. Obviously I AM stretching our own rules here.

MoJo

Registred Users
ok, i am back from my humble lunch of oatmeal and peanut butter on amaranth bread.

Got lots of enquiries, so i will start shooting photos of the lenses, and put them up, and try to estimate prices as best i can, since no one made an actual offer.

and the posting above should win an award for creative writing for sure!

-Josef

R

RF_newbie

Your 2 best cameras already have over 500 each on your ebay auctions.
Maybe your thoughts on YOUR LOWEST ACCEPTABLE FIGURES would be a suggestion instead of $100 for each item and then we could get something done here.

MoJo

Registred Users
I am attaching photos of the 35mm summicron. based on the serial number, this would be the 3rd version, 6 element. i looked at the completed listings for the last month for similar items, threw out the highest and lowest, and averaged the remainder. this came out to $1039. so...... first $999 (plus shipping and 3% paypal -unless paid by check - takes it.
now, condition - the glass looks extraordinarly clean, as it had an included Leica uv filter and hood on it. the focus turns very smoothly. it looks lightly used, but stored for a while.

Last edited:

sven

Hi folks I'm going to let this add stand as a exception to our rules since obviously this is a Estate sale and some older items that maybe really tough to have a comparable price to attach to them. Now we always require a price attached to the item but in this case as you can see it is really a tough call for the seller. Here is what i suggest contact seller and make a offer to what you think is fair and do it through a PM. Now if this is becomes a issue than we will ask the seller to list it on e-bay or whatever choices he may have out there to sell his items.

This is a Guy call so if anyone has any issues than please contact me. Lets leave it up a few days and see how it goes. Mojo keep us plugged in on what is sold and such by updating your ad as needed. Obviously I AM stretching our own rules here.
Excellent Guy,

Thanks for your flexibility. This is one of the reasons I love this forum. Of course it may or may not work but it is the willingness to try new things, common sense approach and friendliness that makes me visit this forum everyday.

Sven

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We try hard to make it all about the members here. And what maybe best. I do appreciate your comments. Means a lot to me

MoJo

Registred Users
Here are the pics of the M4. It is very nice, pretty clean, the shutter snicks nicely. It looks like it has sold on ebay for between $650 and $1400, maybe $850 being the average.

Make a good offer and it is yours!

Last edited:

MoJo

Registred Users
Re: FS: Leica Gear from an Estate

Ok, here are the photos of the Leica 50mm Summicron. I believe it is the "Dual Range" as there are 2 sets of distance markings on the barrel.

Made in Germany. The good: solid, smooth action, glass inside back is clear. Comes with the goggle thingy. The bad: looks like a slight haze around the outer circle of the glass inside the front optic, not on the outside. the glass on the Goggle Eyes attachment is chipped in the corners.

check out the photos, and make your best offer.

Last edited:

MoJo

Registred Users
FS: Leica Gear from an Estate 50mm Summicron

Here is a real jewel of the bunch, a 50mm screwmount collapsible Summicron, in really nice condition. Very clean and smooth. The first $335 net to me takes it. Attached are the photos. (this would be perfect adapted to the micro-4/3 cameras.)
-Josef

Last edited:

MoJo

Registred Users
M4 and 35MM Summicron Sold!

The Leica Leitz Summicron 35mm f2. serial #2741594
 is now SOLD!

-Josef

MoJo

Registred Users
FS: Leica Gear from an Estate - lllG/Leicavit photos

Ok, attached are the photos of the Leica lllG, with Leicavit attached. It is exceptionally clean, leicavit works smoothly. I can't figure out how to open the bottom, any ideas. I have moved the bottom tab to open.....

shutter snicks nicely, controls are smooth.

Original red box for Leicavit, contains original bottom plate. Self-Timer thingy included.

Price --Leicavits go for average $450-$750, camera goes for about $550 (based on recent completed sales) so have at it!

-Josef

Last edited: