The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Konica 40mm f1.8 with M4/3rds adapter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
This is a very good copy of this sweet little lens for use on M4/3 via the included adapter. Gives you a really nice portrait lens that renders beautifully, classic sharp yet smooth which is tough to find nowadays unless you spend big bucks. I am selling it only because I finally got a 45 macro and do not want to carry both lenses. For the money, this is a hard lens not to love ;)

Asking $95 shipped US and paypal'd for the combo -- BOTH lens and adapter together! Includes lens with front and rear caps and M4/3rds adapter.

FWIW: Here is a picture with it wide open on a GF1:

crop from above:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: FS: Konica 40mm f1.8 with M4/3rds adapter

Hmmmm. Nobody wants a sweet little manual focus 40mm for their M4/3rds kit?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Agreed that my "model" is a little less than stellar -- but I think it shows the lens is pretty sharp and the bokeh is pretty smooth!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Problem is the picture of that really ugly guy that you put up.... :p
Exactly what the hell was he thinking. :deadhorse:

Reality is i am maybe one of the best lens test subjects in the world. i have more wrinkles than any brick wall. LOL

Godfrey

I've been using one of these lenses for quite a while now. It's an excellent performer:

Wild Three
Panasonic G1 + Konica 40mm f/1.8

Mine has had the mount modified so I can use it on FourThirds SLR as well as Micro-FourThirds (with DMW-MA1 adapter).

I think some might be put off by the price you've set, Jack. The fact that it includes the adapter might be a point of misunderstanding.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Godfrey, what is the right price for this lens with the adapter? I just listed it for what I paid for it, but want to price it correctly.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the info Godfrey! Lowering the price for BOTH the lens and adapter to $95 shipped and PP'd. If this doesn't sell as a pair this week, I will separate the items.

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Okay, why is this still here at $95 ???

$50 for the lens

$50 for the adapter.

It's actually a way better lens than that, so I probably should keep it, but I'll give it one more try!

Godfrey

Vagaries of the market, I guess. It's a great little lens.

Panasonic G1 + Konica 40mm f/1.8

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Must be... Or nobody wants a manual lens :) It's really okay, if it doesn't move by 5PM today, I'll just hang onto it for when I want "the look" :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I can ship via FedEx or USPS, so whatever the actual cost is. USPS looks like around $80 to Oz.

johneaton

Jack,

I've been away for a few days and just seen your post -- not sure what the current status is but if the lens & adapter are still available I will take them for $95 -- I've pm'd you also.

Best, John