The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss f/2.8 25mm Biogon ZM coded for Leica M9/M8/M8.2

I have decided to sell this lens, lenshade, and B+W 46mm UV filter as I haven't used it enough to justify keeping it. All of it is in beautiful, like new condition. I'd rather it at 9.9/10--the only flaw being a tiny chip in the black paint on the front edge of the shade. I bought all 3 pieces new in March from Popflash.com. The lens (black), is extraordinarily sharp. Google it and you will see universally high marks for this lens, slightly wider than a 28mm which is helpful in tight spots. Also included is Zeiss front cap, rear cap, and all packaging for the lens plus the plastic container that came with the filter. You can get a 25mm or 24mm viewfinder from Voigtlander (high quality, reasonably priced), or Zeiss or Leica. Note: I had this lens coded by Don Goldberg (DAG Camera Repair), coded as a 24mm Elmarit, and he adjusted the mount to bring up the correct framelines on the M9. This lens is a beauty. I have nearly 400 transactions on EBay--with 100% positive feedback, so bid with confidence. Shipping anywhere in the US for $10--if you want insurance, you will need to pay a bit extra for it. Overseas shipments considered, but please contact me first for shipping estimate. I have $1100 (lens), $84 (shade), $38 (filter), and $120 (coding). I am asking $1125 for the set. I'll eat the PayPal fees. Please contact me with questions. Thanks.

Just wanted to clarify one point--Don Goldberg of DAG Camera Repair milled the mount flange so the lens brings up the 24/35 framelines. Thanks.

Really the best lens Zeiss made so far (already got one).
Thanks for the kind, and true, comments about this lens. It really is a great one.

I've had a couple of questions about the mount, and to illustrate that it is the new version (the screws are located away from the coding area), I am attaching a photo just taken. Sorry it has taken me a while to get to this--it is a holiday week in the US. If you aren't familiar with this lens, it is a great in-between a 21 and a 28 size. A tad wider than a 28 which comes in handy in a tight spot, while not giving the extra-wide look of a 21 or wider. Thanks for looking.

Bumpety bump, bump...

P.S. I found the instructions for the lens and the box for the shade too, just in case that was a deal killer for anyone.

It's a great, great lens. I am open to all reasonable offers.