The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Exchange - for Epson R D1 in UK

jonoslack

HI There
I rather fancy an R D1 again (silly me), although I can't afford to pay the Hong Kong prices for it.

So - just on the off chance I thought that someone around here might have a good gathering dust in their cupboard one they would like to exchange for a lens:

mint - UK passport etc. 28mm elmarit with hood, boxed springs to mind, but might manage other enticements!

V

Vivek

Jono, You were late by about 10 days. Mine is spoken for. Also for a barter. (Well, I have no need for the 28mm Elmarit)

Good luck!:)

jonoslack

Jono, You were late by about 10 days. Mine is spoken for. Also for a barter. (Well, I have no need for the 28mm Elmarit)

Good luck!:)
Ah well
You'll regret it :ROTFL:
What are you bartering for? (if it isn't rude to ask?)

V

Vivek

A spectrometer, Jono. The cam is going to someone who would really use it. A real bargain for him.:)

jonoslack

A spectrometer, Jono. The cam is going to someone who would really use it. A real bargain for him.:)
HI Vivek
Glad to hear it.
If I get one, it will probably go to my eldest son, who is a good photographer, together with a couple of CV lenses.

Not too many spectrometer's around here!

Terry

Jono - ummmm wouldn't the 28 you were going to barter for it be perfect on it???? Well, since you like to spend my money, its my turn to spend yours.

jonoslack

Terry Cam
Well, it's all a bit academic, I guess the only extant R D1 in Europe was owed by Vivek, and has been swapped for a boring old spectrometer. . . . and I don't have a 28 'cron!

As for the 28 elmarit being perfect on it . . . well, maybe, but I have the ultron as well. I also have the 25 zeiss which would be good on it.

I did think of buying it from HK, but, truth be told, due to tax calculations it would actually cost me almost the same as buying a secondhand M8 body!!!! Much as I'd like one, I don't want one THAT much!

cam

Jono -- i didn't mean to disparage the 28/2.8 -- it's a light, sweet little lens with lots of braun. (i see why you don't need it, though.) i just have a thing for speed right now.

take heart. mine came up when i least expected it. yours might too. i will keep an eye out for you. i'd love you to have one again so i can drool over your various lenses with it. i need to live vicariously as i will be eating gruel for the next month or two.

jonoslack

The camera would be. Your total wallet, no. Your son's enjoyment, priceless :D!!!
Hmm - my sons are all in Croatia at the moment . . . I think I'm paying for two of them!

Anyway - which one do you want:

Silas

Simeon

Saul

(don't be mislead by the biblical names)

jonoslack

Jono -- i didn't mean to disparage the 28/2.8 -- it's a light, sweet little lens with lots of braun. (i see why you don't need it, though.) i just have a thing for speed right now.
Oh - disparage away! I like the size, but I don't like it as much as the 35 'cron asph which I also have, or the zeiss 25mm biogon . . . . I'd like the 28 'cron, but I can't justify it really. If I'm shooting low light I use the zeiss sonnar or the nocti.

take heart. mine came up when i least expected it. yours might too. i will keep an eye out for you. i'd love you to have one again so i can drool over your various lenses with it. i need to live vicariously as i will be eating gruel for the next month or two.
Thank you! We'll see - I'm keeping an eye on ebay as well, but there don't seem to be that many about.