The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Black Voigtlander 35mm/f1.2 LNIB.

adamli629

For sale is a mint condition Voigtlander 35mm/f1.2 black lens. The lens had been modified for Leica M8 and it works well on my M8. I am the second owner, and the lens is in perfect condition. It includes the box, the front and rear lens cap, and also the lens.

Price is $750 shipped with FedEx Ground within US with insurance and pay by PayPal gift options. If you want pay by regular PayPal, please add 3%.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks.

thrice

ARGH I *just* ordered one.

These don't come up for sale very often people, I recommend someone snap this up at this price.

D&A

Hi Ron,

I may not be describing it exactly, but on early runs of this lens, the shroud around the rear element was found to hit and interfere with focusing on the M8/M9, whereby the focusing would get stiff on one end of the focusing scale. I think, but not sure it was as you approched infinity. A quick modification by cutting away a piece of this shroud eqasily solved this issue and lenses could be modified by the importer/distributor. All current production of this lens though has a redisigned /modified shroud.

I think my explanation above is a bit crude but thats the essence of it.

Dave (D&A)

adamli629

To Dave,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

To Ron,

Dave already explained the modified. And I think it is from the Voigtlander dealer cameraquest did this modification or maybe the Voigtlander change the design. I have no idea about that. And this lens can work on any M8 out of the box. I use it on my M8 without any problem.

D&A

Hi,

What happened was when the M8 was first released and those who already owned the CV 35mm f1.2 lens, reported the stiff focusing I described above. Eventually CameraQuest announced that anyone owning this lens (which was initially purchased through CamerQuest) could send in their lens to have it modified for free. This purchasing the lens elsewhere could have it done for a fee. After a time, all future production of this lens came directly from Cosina with the modification and now of course works perfectly with the M8 and M9. Great lens!

Dave (D&A)

adamli629

Not sur why this hasn't sold yet as it's my favourite lens in the world. Maybe this thread can stimulate your purchasing taste buds http://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72649&page=19
Haha. I followed your post for a while. It is a great lens, and I like it very much. The reason I sell this lens is I need get some funds to support my another project. If I have money in the future, I will purchase this lens again.

Thanks for your great post.

Adam

thrice

These just went up to $979 at CQ, so this is more than 20% off the cheapest new price around and you don't have to worry about getting a lens that requires calibration etc. Someone should snap this up!

leicashot

I have given up the Summilux ASPH for this lens cause it's a stunner. The new price just went up $100 and the seller stayed the same. Those hesitating are crazy!