The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8.2 - Black

John Black

Leica M8.2 - Black
$3450 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US

I'm selling my black paint M8.2 to pay for a couple recent lens purchases (I also have a M9). The M8.2 works perfectly and the sale includes the manuals, all the original accessories that came with it as new and the inner and outer boxes. Probably 6250-6500 clicks on the odometer. The camera has been registered by the original owner (a senior GetDPI member) and I believe the 2 year warranty has now expired.

The M8.2 is in near mint condition with the only signs of use being some very light rub marks on the top plate - which do not go through the paint. The on / off switch shows some very light brassing. The camera has not been dropped or damaged in any way. It spends most of its time in a A&A bag. I've put around 2,000 clicks on the camera and have not experienced any lock-ups, faults, corrupted SD cards, etc. Focus is accurate with my 35 Lux ASPH & 50 Lux ASPH. The M8.2 has performed flawlessly and I had planned to keep it as a back-up for the M9, but I've spent too much money on other gear lately, so it's time to sell several things.

John Black

The wife isn't as happy about the M9... She actually noticed the "M9" white lettering last week - which evidently is different than "M8". Oooops...!... As part of the peace agreement, the M8.2 is being sold. I still can't believe that she actually noticed M8 vs M9.

zombii

I thought you were off the M9? I swear you're worse than me. :) BTW, I didn't get that 50 Lux ASPH. Second time I've been second in line. :(

axiom

M8? What M8? I don't know what are you talking about.
There has never been an M8. It's always been M9, you remember wrong.

TechIV

Haha, my wife noticed the difference between my d200 and d700... I couldn't believe it. I think the safe zone is new lenses, provided they aren't large (e.g. 70-200 2.8 and above).

Good luck with the sale.

beamon

Hi John,

Forgive me for loading up your advert, but when I was a newly married guy (53 years ago), I thought my new bride was dumb as dirt about my amateur radio equipment.

I bought a new receiver shortly after our honeymoon, unbeknownst to her, secure in my thinking that she'd never notice. After getting a very cold shoulder for a few days, I came home one day from work and found the receiver warm to the touch (all tube/valve for you Brits, gear in those days). Turns out that she was listenening to me working others from my mobile gear and I was talking about the new receiver.

Lesson learned. Haven't secreted anything since and the marriage is still going strong!