Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Leica M8.2 - Black

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Leica M8.2 - Black

Leica M8.2 - Black
    $3450 Shipped and Paypal'd in the US

I'm selling my black paint M8.2 to pay for a couple recent lens purchases (I also have a M9). The M8.2 works perfectly and the sale includes the manuals, all the original accessories that came with it as new and the inner and outer boxes. Probably 6250-6500 clicks on the odometer. The camera has been registered by the original owner (a senior GetDPI member) and I believe the 2 year warranty has now expired.

The M8.2 is in near mint condition with the only signs of use being some very light rub marks on the top plate - which do not go through the paint. The on / off switch shows some very light brassing. The camera has not been dropped or damaged in any way. It spends most of its time in a A&A bag. I've put around 2,000 clicks on the camera and have not experienced any lock-ups, faults, corrupted SD cards, etc. Focus is accurate with my 35 Lux ASPH & 50 Lux ASPH. The M8.2 has performed flawlessly and I had planned to keep it as a back-up for the M9, but I've spent too much money on other gear lately, so it's time to sell several things.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica M8.2 - Black

Glad to see you're back in action with the M9 again...

Post Thanks / Like

The wife isn't as happy about the M9... She actually noticed the "M9" white lettering last week - which evidently is different than "M8". Oooops...!... As part of the peace agreement, the M8.2 is being sold. I still can't believe that she actually noticed M8 vs M9.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

D'ohh! Two words; "gaffer tape."

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you were off the M9? I swear you're worse than me. BTW, I didn't get that 50 Lux ASPH. Second time I've been second in line.

Post Thanks / Like

M8? What M8? I don't know what are you talking about.
    There has never been an M8. It's always been M9, you remember wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, my wife noticed the difference between my d200 and d700... I couldn't believe it. I think the safe zone is new lenses, provided they aren't large (e.g. 70-200 2.8 and above).

Good luck with the sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi John,

Forgive me for loading up your advert, but when I was a newly married guy (53 years ago), I thought my new bride was dumb as dirt about my amateur radio equipment.

I bought a new receiver shortly after our honeymoon, unbeknownst to her, secure in my thinking that she'd never notice. After getting a very cold shoulder for a few days, I came home one day from work and found the receiver warm to the touch (all tube/valve for you Brits, gear in those days). Turns out that she was listenening to me working others from my mobile gear and I was talking about the new receiver.

Lesson learned. Haven't secreted anything since and the marriage is still going strong!
    Roger
    Leica M6, M8.2 & assorted Leica glass

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Amen, Roger..
    Michael

Leica and Canon