The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mint Sony Alpha a900 body - $1900

A

aboubker

Hi all,

I have a mint condition Sony Alpha 900 that I am looking to sell. I purchased it before college started in Belgium while there for the summer and realized during my semester that it was too much of an expenditure for me to keep. It has been used only a few times (under 6 times for sure, can't remember exactly to be honest though). It comes with the strap and charger but I don't have the box because I left that at home as I was not originally planning to sell it.

Price is $1900 Paypalled and Shipped in the continental US. For any other destination, please let me know and we'll figure it out.

jamriman

I was going to buy this camera but decided to go with a Canon 5D. Adam is a great guy and an honest seller. I recommended this site to him so don't be discouraged since he is new member. Anyone interested will get a sweet deal on this camera. Thanks.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Adam, if you can ship to Australia, I am interested. Please email me if you want to discuss; I have bought and sold (too) much here and over at Fred's site, under my own name. Cheers, KL

wyip

did you get the camera?
Thankfully I did receive the camera, but I discovered it had an issue that was not disclosed by the seller. He didn't include the original receipt (which he promised he would) so I can't send it in for warranty repairs. I've been trying to follow up with him, but haven't heard anything either through the forums or by his email address I have.

wyip

What's the issue?
DOF preview button does not work and AF mode dial does not work, so the camera is stuck in AF-S mode; well, the AF/MF button on the back of the camera works, but I can't switch to AF-A or AF-C if I wanted to.

I set menu option that assigns the focus hold button on the lens to act as the DOF/Intelligent preview button, so I guess it is a functional work around. Otherwise the camera functions normally.

I made a post on Dyxum asking about this problem and it was pointed out that these two controls are connected to the main PCB by the same thin, flexible PCB connector, so its possible this slipped out and just needs to be reconnected to the main PCB. I hope it is that simple, but I'd rather not pay anything out of pocket to get it fixed, seeing as I was told it is under 6 more months of the factory warranty.

I really didn't want to bring this out publicly on the forum like this, but like I said I've tried to contact the seller but haven't heard from him since (granted, he's had more than a month to get back to me). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he probably didn't know the camera had the issue with the front controls; I just want to get it fixed, preferably under warranty.