The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Phase One P30+ Hasselblad V Mount

O

OSC

This Phase One P30+ digital back is a great digital back. It is in the Hasselblad V mount for cameras such as the 503 CW. It has less than 20K shutter counts. It can perform long exposure though I never need this option. It also has ISO rating of 1600 which is useful at times. I would like to get some of my cost back and asking only $7000.

aDam007

OSC sold me a M9, then stopped answering my emails when I told him I needed the invoice because there was a sensor problem that needed fixing.

First he wanted to see samples and serial # of the camera, and after I sent him samples he said his dealer wouldn't release the invoice because he got it second hand. Then when I asked him to send me the dealers contract, he refused and stopped emailing me. I even tried to use paypal as a means to force him to respond, and he refused to respond to me.

So I'd be very careful when inspecting/buying the camera from him. And if you're out of state and can't do a face to face transaction, I'd seriously consider giving him a skip.

Just thought I'd inform the rest of the getdpi community as I wouldn't want to have someone else go through what I'm going through..

Son, you're more then welcome to give me the dealers contact so that I may speak with him, alternatively you're free to send me the invoice that you promised me.

BTW, for those who have made deals with him successfully, lucky you.. To everyone else, if he changes his SN on here and still tries to make a transaction, his ebay ID is: [email protected]

MODs, I don't mean to start trouble, I just enjoy buying and selling on this forum and the other camera forums, and I just want to keep this place safe for all buyers and sellers.

O

OSC

Adam,
I told you that I cannot give you the invoice since it has personal information and I do not know you well enough. The camera is as described and has the fully USA warranty if you send it back to me which I told you. My dealer also do not deal through the third party but if you keep insist of getting his name I can email it to you. I would appreciate if you do not give my private information out as well.
thanks

Last edited:

stephengilbert

I wonder what's personal about an invoice? This dispute shows the importance of knowing your seller, or being careful that you have all the information you need before buying from a stranger. Although items paid for by credit card through Paypal can be disputed if not as described, when something happens after the time for disputing a charge has run, you've got no one to go to but the seller.

O

OSC

Stephen
the dealer would not give out the original receipt since it has the original owner private information. This is the dealer's choice.

aDam007

OSC, first off I'm in Singapore. Shipping would cost $70 each way, not to mention the security risk to me if you or your dealer decided to "keep" the camera. Also the hassle if the camera gets lost or broken in the mail system, or even dropped by you while your doing the handoff to your dealer.

My dealer here would send the camera for free fully insured to Germany if I gave him the invoice, since that's what Leica needs. It's a part of Leica's good customer service that we pay so much for, no?

You're more then welcome to give me your invoice, I know everything about you anyway. Paypal, google searching and your shipping slip gave me all that info, right?
And if you still feel unsettled about it, you're welcome to just take a black marker and mark out the areas that have personal details. Send it to me, and I'll show it to my dealer, if it's sufficient, then fine, if not then I will go directly to your dealer and chat with him.

As far as personal information, I really think I kept it as impersonal as I could. I mean I posted your Paypal address as a security issue to other buyers. I didn't even post your full name, nor phone or address.

I see that you have just sent me an email with your dealer over at Allen's Camera shop over in PA, I will contact him and see if he can help me resolve the issue.. In the meantime I'd appreciate it if you could give me your sales receipt. As that may help me in fixing the sensor on a camera you claimed was fully working. And again as I said, if you feel the need to black out personal information, then do so at your discretion.

I will update this forum with my resolutions as they come in. I don't want to be a bad guy, I just want to keep this an open and honest place to do business. I hope everyone who reads this understands the situation I've been put in.

Son, for now I will remove your paypal address, since it seems the only thing that would be considered personal. As long as we get this situation resolved in a timely manner.

I hope you understand my situation Son,
Adam

EDIT: Cannot remove paypal address since it's been 1h+, will speak with mods about situation.

Chunin

The true here is that there was never an Invoice in the first place. You can simply black out any private information. You don't need a name or address. Just the invoice.

Vlad

OSC sold me a M9, then stopped answering my emails when I told him I needed the invoice because there was a sensor problem that needed fixing.

First he wanted to see samples and serial # of the camera, and after I sent him samples he said his dealer wouldn't release the invoice because he got it second hand. Then when I asked him to send me the dealers contract, he refused and stopped emailing me. I even tried to use paypal as a means to force him to respond, and he refused to respond to me.

So I'd be very careful when inspecting/buying the camera from him. And if you're out of state and can't do a face to face transaction, I'd seriously consider giving him a skip.

Just thought I'd inform the rest of the getdpi community as I wouldn't want to have someone else go through what I'm going through..

Son, you're more then welcome to give me the dealers contact so that I may speak with him, alternatively you're free to send me the invoice that you promised me.

BTW, for those who have made deals with him successfully, lucky you.. To everyone else, if he changes his SN on here and still tries to make a transaction, his ebay ID is: [email protected]

MODs, I don't mean to start trouble, I just enjoy buying and selling on this forum and the other camera forums, and I just want to keep this place safe for all buyers and sellers.

We appreciate this information.

I too had the opportunity to buy some MF gear from this OSC poster but then the communication seemed strange and didn't make me feel comfortable enough to go through with it. I am smelling a reseller with commercial interest here.

Caveat emptor, as they say. :lecture:

L

LStRomain

OSC, first off I'm in Singapore. Shipping would cost $70 each way, not to mention the security risk to me if you or your dealer decided to "keep" the camera. Also the hassle if the camera gets lost or broken in the mail system, or even dropped by you while your doing the handoff to your dealer.

My dealer here would send the camera for free fully insured to Germany if I gave him the invoice, since that's what Leica needs. It's a part of Leica's good customer service that we pay so much for, no?

You're more then welcome to give me your invoice, I know everything about you anyway. Paypal, google searching and your shipping slip gave me all that info, right?
And if you still feel unsettled about it, you're welcome to just take a black marker and mark out the areas that have personal details. Send it to me, and I'll show it to my dealer, if it's sufficient, then fine, if not then I will go directly to your dealer and chat with him.

As far as personal information, I really think I kept it as impersonal as I could. I mean I posted your Paypal address as a security issue to other buyers. I didn't even post your full name, nor phone or address.

I see that you have just sent me an email with your dealer over at Allen's Camera shop over in PA, I will contact him and see if he can help me resolve the issue.. In the meantime I'd appreciate it if you could give me your sales receipt. As that may help me in fixing the sensor on a camera you claimed was fully working. And again as I said, if you feel the need to black out personal information, then do so at your discretion.

I will update this forum with my resolutions as they come in. I don't want to be a bad guy, I just want to keep this an open and honest place to do business. I hope everyone who reads this understands the situation I've been put in.

Son, for now I will remove your paypal address, since it seems the only thing that would be considered personal. As long as we get this situation resolved in a timely manner.

I hope you understand my situation Son,
Adam

EDIT: Cannot remove paypal address since it's been 1h+, will speak with mods about situation.
hopefully Allen's Camera will be able to help you out; I have found them to be good folks there (I get a good bit of my equipment there)

aDam007

Son has emailed me saying that Allen Camera refuses to give him the original receipt. And that he is now trying to get them to give him a sales slip, or he is trying to find his... sigh.

Allen's Camera is telling me "they'll see what they can do". But they don't want to give out customer info. Even though I told them to blank out the name. And on top of that, I already know who the original owner is, because he wrote his info in the manual and nobody seemed to care then!

I'm now in talks with Leica who is telling me the dealer should not under any circumstances withhold the original purchase receipt from me. And that the serial # is all I should need to get them to rewrite it. Be it with MY personal information on it, or not. They just need the original purchase date to be written. Which Son told me was June 2010 according to the dealer.

So much trouble, for a slip of paper!
Will keep everyone updated..

aDam007

Quick update:

Still no word from Son, and Allen (Allen's Camera) had emailed me telling me he'd give me a blacked out invoice, but I haven't heard from him since the holidays started.

Hopefully someone gets back to me with something in the next little while now that the holidays are over.

Best,
Adam