The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 35/1.4 AEG + CY-EOS adapter - 800€

JimCollum

Ivo,

A quick search online, finds that you are, in fact, a pretty decent photographer. You should be bringing some of that experience to the table here, instead of just sales.

(which puts others you deal with here as friends, instead of just clients)

woodleica

I've had to return goods ( though not to Portugal ) that go through customs and there is a place on the form for "returned items" notifying customs to not charge duty. Of course, it would depend on the trust of the officials in a particular country, but I've done it and it works.

Lazzaros

I know this is a forum where everyone can contribute including me. I didn't do that I know but to be honest it is not easy to enter in large "discussions" when we are not using our mother language. I use many forums including our portuguese one where I sold more than 250 items and I have more than 2000 posts helping many users and changing ideias about everything. I post pictures in some forums to share and to get chritiques about them but here I never did that because I never felt this is the right place to do that...

So I used it to sell some of equipment I get to use and try. As I can't keep everything I need to sell it. I'm not a salesman or something but I can't keep all the gear with me.

I already did many sales here and never got any positive word. Flyinpalm knows me well and we did many deals so he is one of the peoples that know how honest I am.

It's hard to see some people that never talked to me either writing some stupid thins as Chunin did. If I tried to hid anything I wouldn't post any picture at all correct?

I already talked with Jor about the situation and I'll try to solve the situation.

But when seeing so many people "guessing" and judging about things they don't know just to get the situation worst and don't helping anyone I loose the will to be part of this community.

(PS: Our customs don't care if the items that arrive outside of EU are ours or not. They even go to ebay to check prices to apply the taxes...)

seakayaker

So we can understand the situation clearly, would you state that the lens you described as in Mint Condition is the lens that is displayed in the pictures posted by linjor?

If I received a lens in the condition that is displayed above and expected the lens to be mint condition I would be posting my concerns about the seller as well if he was not willing to provide a full refund. I would not be concerned about the seller losing money if his description of the item was not accurate.

Hopefully you and linjor can work out an agreeable settlement. In the meantime this bad press you have received will impact your ability to sell items in the future until the issue is resolved. JMHO.

Lazzaros

Dan the lens is the same for sure.

What I didn't see was the scratches. I assume that I should inspected the lens better to avoid this problem but I didn't, unfortunally.

The little marks were there and I saw them. But they were tiny and in my way to describe the lens they didn't influence the description. I understand that I should be more precise as "mint" definition tells that the item should look as new. In perception "mint" shows me an item in great condition due the age so I was being correct in my interpretation (as I didn't notice the scratches. Now I know it isn't in mint condition).

I'm answering in the feedback post so you can read there to avoid writing twice all the time.

Regards

Leicadoc

Ivo:
You need to take the the lens back. Your buyer didn't know about the scratches, either.
It is not his fault; maybe it is not yours either. But the result is that you sold him a lens he can not be satisfied with. He should not take a loss. He should not, as you suggest, sell this lens to someone else. That would be dishonest, and we are all sure you don't want that.
I am sorry that you would "take the hit", but he fact is that if you want to sell here again, you will have to do the right thing and take the lens back. I almost contacted you about buying this lens as well. I didn't because you are in Portugal. Others won't even bother to look at your ads in the future, if you don't fix this.
I am sorry this costs you additionally. But YOU have to be honorable, and fix this with your buyer. This is not complicated.

B

bufwl10

I think "Mint" condition means the item is like new no matter what the age of the item is. It just looks, feels and funtions like new. Other than that it is not mint. It is a kind of standard interpertation as we can see on ebay or other sites. Any scratches, normal wears ...etc are seller's responsity to honestly inform the viewers.
As we can see on the pictures, the big scratches in side the lens are unacceptable. It means the lens was fixed before and should be by an unskilled person. A fixed lens can never be called"Mint" condition. The seller is responsible to accept the return of the lens.

KEVIN-XU

In this case,can we just call the police? And I don't want to see this seller appear in this forum anymore...... Buyer beware!!!

Last edited:

jimmilux

I described the lens with photos and I didn't see any scratches on the optics at the time.
Well, maybe your eyes have very serious problem, but you are a photographer, aren't you?
What I didn't see was the scratches. I assume that I should inspected the lens better to avoid this problem but I didn't, unfortunally.
I think the word you should say is "Sorry", but obviously you didn't admit the mistake you made whether it's intentional or not.