Site Sponsors

Thread: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 35/1.4 AEG + CY-EOS adapter - 800

Post Thanks / Like

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 35/1.4 AEG + CY-EOS adapter - 800

I'm waiting for this amazing lens in mint condition - 9/10

It includes both original caps and CY-EOS adapter.

I think I don't need to talk much about it since it is very well known by all users. I have one and it is my favourite lens. As I don't need to keep two of them I'm selling this one.

I'll post some pictures as soon as it arrives .

Price: 800 including EU shipping and Canon adapter.

Any doubt please just contact me.

Regards,
    Ivo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 35/1.4 AEG + CY-EOS adapter - 800

The lens arrived today!

It is in really mint condition and the adapter has no chip!

I'll post pictures next Friday when I get some free time to shoot the equipment!

I'm open to realistic offers.

Post Thanks / Like

So you tried to sell it before you even had it in hand? Leaves a strange impression...

Post Thanks / Like

Klaus I thought you already knew me. I already did many sales here and on another places where I was waiting for the equipment from trustable friends.

I said in the first post I was waiting for the lens so I don't see why it leaves a strange impression. I tried to announce that the lens was arriving and if someone has interest I can give more details...

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Here they are the Distagon pictures.

Lens pictures:

Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4

Post Thanks / Like

Still for sale! Open to offers!

Post Thanks / Like

750€ shipped! (great price for this lens!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Email was sent!

Post Thanks / Like

Replied

Post Thanks / Like

I'm open to 750€ including shipping!

If someone is interested please let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

Sold!

Post Thanks / Like

I was very pleased with the transaction with Ivo, until I opened the parcel. It definitely was not as described. It was described as "MINT" and you can judge it yourself with those pictures I attached. I don't mind those minor paint loss on the lens body and even the scuff on the rear side of barrel BUT not for those BIG SCRATCHES on the inner side of anterior element.(pic D35_03.jpg-D35_05.jpg)

When contacting Ivo about the return, here were the responses I have gotten:

Jor I'm sorry about that but I can't accept the return. I described the lens with photos and I didn't see any scratches on the optics at the time. I'm not telling that they are not there but I didn't noticed and we did the deal without anymore questions. With the price I sold it you won't get any better than that one too in my opinion.

Another problem is that as you are located outsideof EU I'd have to pay something like 30% of the price when it arrives to our customs... So this is not right and fair.

If you are not happy with the lens you can sell it for the price you bought it to me without problems as it was a great price.

I'm sorry again but I can't be responsable for that return when we are dealing items with many years and no warranty.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
    Ivo

I can not in good conscious recommend this member to anyone.
    If Ivo wishes to contact me about this again and we can come to a resolution I would be willing to revisit this recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is really as it appears it's shameful!

As a seller, you can't claim something as "mint", then give the excuse that its "old", or say that not enough questions were asked, when it has obvious condition problems. Mint is mint, period. Age has nothing to do with it. I am interested in a 35/1.4, but I certainly would not have paid 800 (or 750, or 600 even) euros for the lens as, pictured by linjor.

We all owe it to each other as forum members to be conservative in our ratings. All but one of my purchases here have been great (and the one negative deal was pretty minor). I hope we can keep it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..
    I'm assuming the front cap was on when it was delivered and the lens bubble wrapped? Any damage in the packagin when the lens arrived?
    IMO, the marks don't look like they were during transit.
    I don't know how the seller can call this lens mint.
    Are we conducting ourselves with "If not asked, don't tell" attitude in this forum? I always thought the best way to win over buyers was to be up front and conservative in describing items.

Seller should get this resolved soon, otherwise I imagine the seller would have a hard time selling anything else here..
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The cap was still on when I opened the parcel and the parcel itself was intact.
    And those scratches were located inside the lens, the inner side of the front element, not on the surface. Must from poor CLA.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. This needs to be resolved by the seller. I know who I'm not buying from in the future.

bkling

That's bad..Can the seller clarify? I almost bought this lens.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that there is anything to clarify. The seller is a crook period. And he claims that he posted pictures which is like postal stamp sized and at f/0.9. Give me a break.

Post Thanks / Like

If paid with paypal file a claim even though it would not help much. If you funded with your credit card call your credit card company and file a dispute for a charge back. That is your only option. Hope you used your credit card and you will be fine. Let him deal with paypal later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ivo,

A quick browse of your posting history. There's not a single contribution to the forum with the exception of selling gear (with the impression of ..hey. .i happen to have an extra <brand name> camera.. but i don't really need 2 of them.. so this one's for sale).

Are you a photographer or a used camera salesman? Do you have anything besides sales to offer the forum? This is a community.. and if you browse, you'll find that even the large vendors contribute to it, with information, experiences and pretty good photography. People offer items for sale.. but that is *not* the purpose of the forum.. it's a benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ivo,

A quick search online, finds that you are, in fact, a pretty decent photographer. You should be bringing some of that experience to the table here, instead of just sales.

(which puts others you deal with here as friends, instead of just clients)

Post Thanks / Like

Dealed with Ivo before and I believe he can solve this problem correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had to return goods ( though not to Portugal ) that go through customs and there is a place on the form for "returned items" notifying customs to not charge duty. Of course, it would depend on the trust of the officials in a particular country, but I've done it and it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a forum where everyone can contribute including me. I didn't do that I know but to be honest it is not easy to enter in large "discussions" when we are not using our mother language. I use many forums including our portuguese one where I sold more than 250 items and I have more than 2000 posts helping many users and changing ideias about everything. I post pictures in some forums to share and to get chritiques about them but here I never did that because I never felt this is the right place to do that...

So I used it to sell some of equipment I get to use and try. As I can't keep everything I need to sell it. I'm not a salesman or something but I can't keep all the gear with me.

I already did many sales here and never got any positive word. Flyinpalm knows me well and we did many deals so he is one of the peoples that know how honest I am.

It's hard to see some people that never talked to me either writing some stupid thins as Chunin did. If I tried to hid anything I wouldn't post any picture at all correct?

I already talked with Jor about the situation and I'll try to solve the situation.

But when seeing so many people "guessing" and judging about things they don't know just to get the situation worst and don't helping anyone I loose the will to be part of this community.

(PS: Our customs don't care if the items that arrive outside of EU are ours or not. They even go to ebay to check prices to apply the taxes...)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

So we can understand the situation clearly, would you state that the lens you described as in Mint Condition is the lens that is displayed in the pictures posted by linjor?

If I received a lens in the condition that is displayed above and expected the lens to be mint condition I would be posting my concerns about the seller as well if he was not willing to provide a full refund. I would not be concerned about the seller losing money if his description of the item was not accurate.

Hopefully you and linjor can work out an agreeable settlement. In the meantime this bad press you have received will impact your ability to sell items in the future until the issue is resolved. JMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan the lens is the same for sure.

What I didn't see was the scratches. I assume that I should inspected the lens better to avoid this problem but I didn't, unfortunally.

The little marks were there and I saw them. But they were tiny and in my way to describe the lens they didn't influence the description. I understand that I should be more precise as "mint" definition tells that the item should look as new. In perception "mint" shows me an item in great condition due the age so I was being correct in my interpretation (as I didn't notice the scratches. Now I know it isn't in mint condition).

I'm answering in the feedback post so you can read there to avoid writing twice all the time.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ivo:
    You need to take the the lens back. Your buyer didn't know about the scratches, either.
    It is not his fault; maybe it is not yours either. But the result is that you sold him a lens he can not be satisfied with. He should not take a loss. He should not, as you suggest, sell this lens to someone else. That would be dishonest, and we are all sure you don't want that.
    I am sorry that you would "take the hit", but he fact is that if you want to sell here again, you will have to do the right thing and take the lens back. I almost contacted you about buying this lens as well. I didn't because you are in Portugal. Others won't even bother to look at your ads in the future, if you don't fix this.
    I am sorry this costs you additionally. But YOU have to be honorable, and fix this with your buyer. This is not complicated.
    Michael

Leica and Canon

bufwl10

I think "Mint" condition means the item is like new no matter what the age of the item is. It just looks, feels and funtions like new. Other than that it is not mint. It is a kind of standard interpertation as we can see on ebay or other sites. Any scratches, normal wears ...etc are seller's responsity to honestly inform the viewers.
    As we can see on the pictures, the big scratches in side the lens are unacceptable. It means the lens was fixed before and should be by an unskilled person. A fixed lens can never be called"Mint" condition. The seller is responsible to accept the return of the lens.

Post Thanks / Like

In this case,can we just call the police? And I don't want to see this seller appear in this forum anymore...... Buyer beware!!!
    Last edited by KEVIN-XU; 5th April 2012 at 16:34.

Post Thanks / Like

I described the lens with photos and I didn't see any scratches on the optics at the time.
    Well, maybe your eyes have very serious problem, but you are a photographer, aren't you?
    What I didn't see was the scratches. I assume that I should inspected the lens better to avoid this problem but I didn't, unfortunally.
    I think the word you should say is "Sorry", but obviously you didn't admit the mistake you made whether it's intentional or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys....this thread is over a year old.