The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Mamiya 120 mm "D" Macro Lens, Mint.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

This is the 16 bit cpu digital macro lens for Phase/Mamiya and arguably the sharpest lens for the 645 cameras. The lens is mechanically and optically perfect, no marks, no abrasions, nothing to distinguish it from being brand new.

It is manual focus, comes with both caps and hood - the latter is very stiff to mount or take off, but the lens is so deeply recessed I consider it unnecessary. In original box.

$1790 net to me, PayPal preferred (or personal cheque with time to clear), shipping in North America included.

Bill

kdphotography

Re: Mamiya 120 mm "D" Macro Lens, Mint.

Fantastic lens, Bill. Hope you don't later regret parting with this lens...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Mamiya 120 mm "D" Macro Lens, Mint.

Ken,it is great, but I'm not using it enough to justify keeping it. My rule is "one year, no use, goodbye!" It needs using on a tripod, like most MFDB gear, and for a wildlife photographer hand-held is much better - my Sony a900 gets lots of macro use thanks to Steady Shot.

But for a studio photographer or a sharpness fanatic, the 120 macro D is unbeatable.

Bill