Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    I very reluctantly am selling this camera which has served me very well. It was "abused" by one of the previous owners who decided to prematurely age the camera with some kind of abrasive on the paint. The camera still works perfectly though. It has .72 finder. No major damage like bad dents. I only have the inner box, no other boxes. (strap not included) The rangefinder was adjusted by DAG about 6 months ago. The shutter was also adjusted at that time. Any questions let me know. Price is $2200 Shipped and PP'd
    Last edited by sa124m; 12th July 2013 at 23:10.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Place, WA.
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Premature or not, that MP looks great!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    you're one more that's going to regreat the sale.......

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    SALE PENDING...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Looks like someone took a brillo pad to it!

    I prefer to have my MP age "naturally". GLWS!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Couldn't hold off and sell this in the summer? ;-)

    EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    That is one ugly camera. Who would acually spend hard earned dollars for it? A fool, an idiot or both. Never under estimate the stupidity of the consumer.

    I'm looking forward to receiving it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Enjoy it. I considered it for a minute or so.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    I used to own this very camera. I can assure the new owner that this is one smooth camera and a joy to use.

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Quote Originally Posted by Traut View Post
    That is one ugly camera. Who would acually spend hard earned dollars for it? A fool, an idiot or both. Never under estimate the stupidity of the consumer.

    I'm looking forward to receiving it.
    Enjoy!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Since you sold it, I guess I can chime in.

    I saw this camera elsewhere and remember the original owner bragging about it and how he "used it hard". Of course, I didn't believe him. No camera on Earth can look this way from normal use. As a matter of fact, I find this fake wear extremely ugly. Let's just hope the new owner will use it enough to make it look good with some Genuine use/aging.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Since you sold it, I guess I can chime in.

    I saw this camera elsewhere and remember the original owner bragging about it and how he "used it hard". Of course, I didn't believe him. No camera on Earth can look this way from normal use. As a matter of fact, I find this fake wear extremely ugly. Let's just hope the new owner will use it enough to make it look good with some Genuine use/aging.
    Actually, you had no idea if the transaction was completed or not. You very might have screwed up a sale by your unwarranted opinion. Keep subjective critiques where they belong, please.

    As for ugly or not "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Proof is my wife married ME.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Quote Originally Posted by Traut View Post
    Actually, you had no idea if the transaction was completed or not. You very might have screwed up a sale by your unwarranted opinion. Keep subjective critiques where they belong, please.

    As for ugly or not "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Proof is my wife married ME.
    +1. I'm in the same boat!
    Scott

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    Look, dear friend, there will always be a taker. For 2200$ I even might buy it if I stop to think about it seriously, even though I find the fake finish rather ugly. As I said, with some genuine use, this camera might be salvaged.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    I agree 100%. Some things are salvageable while others obviously not.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

    SOLD

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •