The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Luigi Halfcase w/Grip & Strap for Leica M8/M8.2/M9

lexdave

Luigi Black Leather Halfcase w/Grip and Deluxe Strap for Leica M8/M8.2/M9 This high quality leather case from Luigi, www.leicatime.com, is for Leica M8, M8.2 or M9 and has only been used about a month and is as new. The case is black with built in grip and hanging rear flap to allow access to the monitor. The case comes with the improved deluxe strap with adjustable length. Paid $445, my loss is your gain.

I am selling it because it gets in the way with the thumbs up that I just bought from aboudd here in this forum.

Price $350 shipped/insured/PP'd (CONUS)

Additional info: http://www.leicatime.com/a000-CasesLeicaDigital.htm

bradhusick

Re: FS: Luigi Halfcase w/Grip & Strap for Leica M8/M8.2/M9

FYI - Luigi will modify the case for you to accommodate the ThumbsUp for a nominal fee.

D&A

Re: FS: Luigi Halfcase w/Grip & Strap for Leica M8/M8.2/M9

Brad, from the look of the image posted by the OP (and if I examine the image closely) it appears to already have the stitching Luigi puts in place in the back of newer Luigi 1/2 cases, for the option of the owner to simply taking an exacto knife (blade) and cut out the sections for the thumbs up. That is essential;ly what he does after making the case. One of my cases came exactly that way (with the additional stictching) and in fact runs two sets of stictching, closely parallel to one another, except one ends up being extended towards the ned of the case. Therefore either follow (and cut) below the shorter lines if you have the shorter thumbs-up or the lengthier one for the longer thumbs-up. This way the case before cutting is for those that do or don't use the thumbs-up. If the OP took a close up image of the back of the case, this would definitely confirm if this addtional stitching for the thumbs-up cutout is in place.

On a seperate note, as for the hanging flap, I have one of my Leigi 1/2 cases with the hanging flap and it looks like if someone wanted to carefully slice it off at the bottom, it would then essentially be a case with a removeable flap except for a bit of thickness at the joint where the flap was originally attached to the case. I haven't ried this yet, but it looks quite do-able.

Dave (D&A)