The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M2, Nikon FM3a, Chinon K-mount camera and more

maclaine

This is my first time posting on Get DPI, although I'm a regular member over at RFF, where I've bought, sold, and traded many items with no problems. I'm also an active eBay user under the same name as here: maclaine.

I recently got a great deal on a Leica M6, and while I'd love to keep all of these, I need to make up some cash. So, here's what's on offer:

Leica M2, self-timer, w/ rapid load system - $600

This is in user condition. See more pictures below. There are some scratches and scuffs on the top plate, as well as a couple of minor dings. The bottom plate is a little gnarly in both corners, with lots of scuffs and scratches and some brassing. Does not affect camera use, of course. There is also brassing on the rewind knob. There is a bit of vulcanite missing where the bottom plate latches on to the body. The viewfinder is showing some separation, but it in no way is visible when you are looking through it, and it has not affected my photos in any way. The leatherette on the back door has also been replaced, as the grain pattern looks slightly different than the original vulcanite. Shutter looks fine. Shutter speeds seem accurate compared to my Zeiss Ikon and M6, although I have no better way of testing them. Film advance is smooth, and all other functions are just fine.

If the person who owned this previously is to be believed, I am only the third owner. The gentleman who sold it to me worked as a freelance photojournalist for many years, and bought it from another PJ in the late '60s who had replaced it with a Nikon F. I bought it this past fall since the seller was no longer actively taking photos. It's a lovely camera, smoothest I've ever owned, but it doesn't have a light meter, and I just wasn't able to get past that.

Nikon FM3a 50mm f/1.8 AI lens, warming filter, linear polarizer, and two hoods - $600

This is a dream SLR combo. Probably the nicest I've ever used after my old Olympus OM-4. I would love to keep this, but I just don't shoot as much with an SLR as I do with an RF, and my Olympus OM-10 is more than enough camera for me. The body shows wear on the baseplate and brassing in the high points (very nice looking, if you ask me). The rubber eye piece is also gumming up a bit, but can be replaced cheaply. According to the person I bought it from a few months ago, it had just received a full CLA and had all the foam replaced. I have no proof, but I also have no reason to doubt him, as the foam looks brand new.

The lens was purchased only a couple months ago from KEH in EX condition, and it shows. It looks almost new, with only a couple of specks in the lens elements. Comes with all necessary caps. I will also throw in a warming filter, linear polarizing filter, a 52mm lens hood and a larger (can't remember exactly how large, but I think it's 58mm) lens hood that fits over the polarizer.

This camera is ready to go right now, and is a true joy to shoot. I have the caps for everything, but no boxes or paperwork. I'd like to keep it as a combo for now, as I don't have any use for an orphaned Nikon lens, but if it doesn't sell after a bit, I'll consider breaking it up.

At the time of taking these pictures, I couldn't find the polarizer, but if you really want pictures of it, I can get them for you.

Chinon CE-4, Chinon 50mm f/1.7, Hanimex 28mm f/2.8, Promaster 80-205mm f/3.8 zoom, padded case - $65

I picked this package up on an impulse buy from Craigslist in a fit of interest in Pentax K-mount lenses, but after getting it I realized I couldn't invest in another system. The camera works just fine. The leatherette on the camera body is beginning to peel, and overall everything is certainly used, but not ugly. This would be a great setup for a student or someone who wants a dirt cheap K-mount camera.

Now for the fine print. All prices include shipping and PayPal fees. First "I'll take it" with payment will get the item. For now, I'd like to keep sales in the US, as international shipping is expensive. If an item doesn't sell for a while and an international buyer is willing to pay the extra shipping cost, then I will consider it. I send stuff via USPS and I've never had a problem.

At this time, I'm also not interested in any trades. I need the money more than I need more camera gear, but if these items languish for a while and someone has a stellar item they'd like to trade, I may reconsider.

I've described all items as best as I can. I prefer to not accept returns unless there has been some egregious error in my description. Buyer's remorse is not a good enough reason.

Any questions, feel free to ask. If you want additional pictures of anything, let me know. I apologize for the blurriness in some of these. A friend lent me his digital cam to take these, but its menus and features humbled me, the proud photographer, and I had a lot of trouble getting pictures that either weren't blurry or blown out by the flash, and simply didn't have time to get better ones. If this bothers you and you'd like better pictures, let me know and I'll take some.

Thanks for looking!

Leica M2

Nikon FM3a

Chinon CE-4 and lenses

maclaine

Here are just a couple more pictures of the Nikon, since I couldn't squeeze them into the initial post. While the camera does show wear, I assure you that the flash makes it look much worse than it appears to the naked eye.

maclaine

Leica M2 is now sold.

The Nikon FM3a is still available, and the price is now $550, which includes shipping.

Chinon camera setup also available, now only $50 including shipping.