The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica R 15mm f/3.5 Super Elmar

AGeoJO

A shooting buddy of mine asked me to sell this Leica lens for him. It is a genuine German lens of Zeiss design but it carries the Leica brand. The mount is Leica R mount but a Leica R to EOS mount with AF confirming chip plus a Canon cap are included. It comes complete with leather case and box. The lens is in excellent shape with some rub marks along the edges of the built-in hood and aperture ring. Those areas are marked with red arrows on two of the images below. Similar rub marks were also noted on the edge and around the lenshood under the name "Super Elmar-R" of the lens but not clearly visible on the pictures. The built-in lens shade also shows a slight difference in the lustre between the area covered and not covered by the lenshood. This is not by any means considered a mint lens as it has been used but for sure no sign of abuse.

I did some research on the value of the lens on that auction page and on other on-line places. Based on recent results, I believe the value of the lens in that condition should be between $2,200 and $2,500. I will put the asking price at the low end of that price at $2,100 net but shipping within the 48 states is included. I will entertain offers but frankly, offers of less than $1,500 would not be considered. If the lens doesn't sell here in about a week or so then I will ask my friend to auction off this lens.

Thank you for looking and if you have any questions, please free to drop me a line. PM or email will work just fine.

Joshua