The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (feeler) Contax N 24-85 and Canon gear

RDG

I tried to list a few items a few minutes ago, and "lost it" :mad: (Hopefully, this won't be a duplicate attempt, I don't even remember the prices!)

Zeiss Contax N VS 24-85 3.5-4.5, converted by Conurus several years ago (when the "rage" started), and returned this past summer/fall from his shop for an AF update/upgrade. Lens is in really excellent condition, believe I have the box as well as caps, and the pricey GB-81 hood. $1,350.

Canon 20D body, as is (set without use for quite some time) $275.

Canon 5D body, in good to excellent condition, probably lots of actuations, screens covered at purchase. $$1,000.

Canon EF 70-300mm DO IS, $1,000.

Canon Speedlite 580 EX, like new, $275.

Also have some incidentals, including Really Right Stuff "L" plate for the 20D and 5D. $50.00 each.

Again, a feeler to see if there is any interest, especially in the 24-85 N, the best wa zoom I've used on the Canon.

RDG

RDG

All,

The Canon gear is still for sale at this time, I'm withdrawing the Contax Vario Sonnar 24-85 from the sale.

Thanks,

RDG

RDG

Ok,

This ad has had enough run, no takers here for the Contax N 24-85 in mint condition, so I shot a complete assignment this am with it and decided to keep my Canon equipment for now. The Zeiss 24-85, and a 70-300 DO IS make a pretty fine hiking setup, not that I'll always leave the A900 and a bag of glass home.

Thanks,

RDG

A

alencar13

I just stumbled on this pretty old post of yours, on the Contax 24-85. Any chance you still have this lens and might consider selling it?

RDG

Sorry if this makes no sense, just arrived in Az and didn't check get dpi till now. I still have the 24to 85, but found its AF won't work, I'd had it repaired several years ago, then stored it for more than a year befor attempting to use it. Never saw any of the numerous warnings hidden on the conversion site!!!!

Anyway if I use it, it'll be manual focus only. The cost of repair would be more than the lens cost. I've even considered the newer canon 5Diii with live view.

The lens is extraordinarily sharp, thus my hope to find a use for it.

RDG

A

alencar13

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear about the AF problem.

Just to be sure I understood you, though: Does this mean you're definitely keeping it for now? It looks like that's what you're saying in your last sentence, but just wanted to double-check.

I'm interested in using the 24-85 MF for video, so wouldn't need AF. Assuming there's nothing else wrong with it, I'd still be interested in purchasing, if you ever decide to sell. If not, though, I understand.

Thanks again!
Best,
Andre